VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Deactivation of member accounts at venomland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Deactivation of member accounts at venomland Empty
PostSubject: Deactivation of member accounts at venomland   Deactivation of member accounts at venomland Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar - 9:46

Dear Members,

i deactivated today all member-accounts with 0 messages.
my point is, we are an active community, and i like to keep it that way.

i received many reports over the past weeks, concerning private messaging from inactive members, using the forum just to get hold of informations about VenomLand members thru PM or Email contact possibilities.

VenomLand is not a marketing tool for folks, trying to sale or advertise their products or animals!!... this feature should be restricted to active members... in my understanding, it should be possible to let let us know who a new member is, where he lives and so on...

members who are not been able to say hello to the community - and further more - using venomland only for their own interests will be not allowed anymore in the future..

in fact, i am really thinking about to restrict the forum even more to the public... it takes a big deal to maintain the forum, and i think we can at least ask everyone here to participate a little.. This board has been founded by me to share informations about our passion, not only to create postings with one picture (without any valued information about the species etc.), followed by twenty postings, stating: awesome animal, nice picture etc.
i understand, also this is part of an public board, but not mainly - we all want more... even if that means we have to accept less members...

Quality for Quantity!

this strict actions will hit possibly also members who just like to read and who do follow our rules.. i am sorry for the disturbance, but we have to focus on what makes VenomLand special... everybody, who´s account has been deactivated and who like to stay at venomland can simply send me an email... i will activate their account again, and wait for their introduction...

deactivated accounts will be terminated after 60 day´s for good...

to all members:

please update your profile informations... it would be very nice to know where you located at. it is a great tool for all members to know the right contacts, if they decide to travel to a foreign country... and it will just take few seconds...

thanks for your understanding

Cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

Deactivation of member accounts at venomland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: News-
Jump to: