VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Empty
PostSubject: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr - 16:33

Sorry, only in German.

http://www.orf.at/090416-37306/index.html

And here in english:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/802062/pythons-break-free-on-qantas-flight
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr - 21:11

fumigation to death ! shame. RIP

The person waiting for the snakes must be pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr - 15:39

Well ... regarding all the information there is one possibility nobody took into account. The four snakes have never been aboard ... I would prefer this interpretation.

Besides that: killing four 15cm harmless pythons is crazy. They are no danger for anybody.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Scotty Allen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Scotty Allen

Male
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr - 18:13

"Besides that: killing four 15cm harmless pythons is crazy. They are no danger for anybody."

I agree that it was a shame to kill the four snakes but putting myself in the shoes of the Airline, how long should the plane have been out of service while ground crews tried to find the snakes ... if they were even there? Imagine the panic if the baby snakes were just left and a nervous passenger or worse yet, one of the flight crew spotted one whilst the plane was in flight? I don't see any option available other than fumigation.

It's a shame, but ...

I prefer to think that maybe they were not there in the first place as Guenter suggests.
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr - 18:45

Quote :
Besides that: killing four 15cm harmless pythons is crazy. They are no danger for anybody.

When starting trouble with electric it can get worse on a plane...

RGDS Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 5:16

its always nice to see how experienced peoples are in dealing with animals...
it´s even better to see how big the media is using it for getting attention for stuff like that.. just the linking to "snakes on a plane" which was on the most disgusting movies i´ve seen so far is ridiculous..

i wonder if it would be just a big story if someone looses his lovebird on a plane.... hitchcooks "the birds" would be linked as well??? there are no responsible journalists anymore out there...

i am so sick of it... and it shows again how less Homo sapiens still knows about reptilians, and how deep are the fear is rooted... education folks! it´s just a far way to go for all of us - still! 21´th century....
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 7:13

Quote :
i am so sick of it... and it shows again how less Homo sapiens still knows about reptilians, and how deep are the fear is rooted... education folks! it´s just a far way to go for all of us - still! 21´th century....

Not at all!

Animals on a plane, is a different story then on ground!

But. there is more fear inside, then on other animals! It is the same procedure then mammals.... are on board

RGDS Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 7:47

Fabian Dirks wrote:
Quote :

Not at all!

Animals on a plane, is a different story then on ground!

But. there is more fear inside, then on other animals! It is the same procedure then mammals.... are on board

RGDS Fabian

there is only one compartment, suitable for the transport of animals in each plane. the compartment are rather small and easy to check.
outside this place, there would be no air and no temperature regulation at all... unlikely, the small snakes would make it, outside any luggage!

i know, some folks carrying snakes in their normal luggage around the world, and this animals seem to do quite well in sacks inside the bags. but that is inside, outside that would be a quite different story... also, the animal transport compartment should be tightly close, so that animals, escaping their transport boxes could not get out there easily. i am a pilot myself and i know there are many hiding spaces in an airplane, especially if we talking about snakes, 15 cm body length. my statement meant no one should be panicking because of 15 cm, non - venomous snakes on the loose! i recall huge police actions in Berlin few years ago, caused by an escaped cornsnake in a tram.

here is clearly more education needed... that the public might be scared is one thing, professionals, dealing with animals (i also include here folks, transporting live animals) should react differently... i also talk about the media folks, having nothing else to do than making a big story out of 15 cm pythons!
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight   Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pythons escape on a Qantas Flight
Page 1 of 1