VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Empty
PostSubject: URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT   URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr - 0:01

Hello @all VenomLand Members...

yesterday i got a Message from our member Rob Deans regarding a Snakebite Victim in South Africa...

SAReptiles, a befriended Forum for south south african reptile lovers urged a donation call we like to support...

i immediately contacted Thea (swazi) and get here blessings to link here posting here...

the Posting:

Here we go again....
by swazi on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:33 pm

This little girl's name Zamokuhle Matsebula. She is only seventeen months old.

She was bitten by a spitting cobra on 29th March but only came to see me today.

She walked out of the door as the snake was coming in to the house. She played with the snake and it bit her on the ankle. It did not spit at her at all. The mother thinks she may have put her foot out to kick it.

The rural clinic (same as Mduduzi went to), where she stayed for five days, gave her some orange-coloured suspension to drink and Panado for the pain.

I do not know if they will be able to save her foot as the infection seems very deep and the bone is clearly visible. She is in an incredible amount of pain and screamed most of the time I was with her.

The doctor I took her to called the police and wanted her arrested for negligence?

the original posting on SAReptiles can be found
HERE

URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Img_5410

URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Img_5411

URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Img_5412

please help! we all can be in a situation like this, but a child?

i will add also the posting of froot, one of the Admins of SAReptiles with informations on bankaccounts etc..

his posting:

Donations for Swazi snakebite victoms
by froot on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Following Swazi's report of Zamokuhle Matsebula's bite we have decided to try raise some funds to cover her treatment as well as any future cases. Swazi says that she has received some assistance for the training of hospital staff over there to treat bite victoms and hopefully this is successful.

What Swazi does need in the short term is help to cover costs of Zamokuhle's treatment. I'm told she is being prepared for surgery but we are still not certain weather they have decided to amputate or not. Let's hold thumbs that the right decision has been made. In the interim we can at least raise a sum of money and make it available to Swazi for if Zamokuhle will need further treatment, as well as for the next person that get's bitten. As we've seen this is inevitable.

Once adequate training has taken place and hopefully treatment abilities improve, there should be less of a need to treat bites that are a few days old and we can focus more on donating polyvalent AV.

We have allocated a trust account for the fundraising and all moneys donated will be announced, while Swazi will be furnishing us with a clear reconciliation for all the donors to see and will update with pics etc on a regular basis.

If you would like to donate, please use your alias as a reference so that it reflects who paid what on the statement. We will then announce in this topic who donated money unless if you would like to remain anonymous, just put 'anon' as the reference. In this case we will just add that anonymous donated x.

The account details are as follows:

Standard bank.
Account name: Mehelya trust
Account type: Current account
Account number: 20-094-760-5
Branch: Boksburg

the original posting at SAReptiles.co.za can be found
HERE

so lets get together and send some money guys!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

PostSubject: Re: URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT   URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr - 0:24

Thank you for the Info, Mario!

This pictures are very shocking...

Donations become way more easier (and more cost effective) when pay pal is used instead of traditional money transfer. But as i´ve just read on SAreptiles this option is already to be realized.

All the best,

Christoph
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT   URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr - 4:46

This is the second case Thea has made us aware of and it will continue to happen unless something is done.
I would like to encourage the European members to make a donation, your currency is stronger than ours and so even a small contribution goes a long way over here.
As Mario says, its bad enough for us to be bitten, but imagine that poor girl.
Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT   URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

URGENT - HELP FOR ZAMOKUHLE - URGENT
Page 1 of 1