VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothrops alternatus

Go down 
+10
Igor Federsoni
Christoph Meyer
Bostjan Kraner
Marthinus C. Harmse
BradMiller
Walter Silva
Niklas Eriksson
Ralph Tümmers
Matthew Webb
Jaroslav Karhánek
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Bothrops alternatus Empty
PostSubject: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep - 2:37

There are my newest snakes, it´s a pair and they look fantastic:) really beautiful snakes
Bothrops alternatus P9050110
Bothrops alternatus P9050112
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Matthew Webb

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep - 2:04

Stunning Jaroslav!

Cheers Matt
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep - 6:55

Hello,
really nice Animals,i need a pair for myself ...if anyone gots something for me Smile
Best regards,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep - 11:25

Those are amazing specimens bro. Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep - 2:39

Thx guys:) The female is very aggressive so it´s "funny" to do something in the cage:D But they are absolutely amazing.

Ralph-one of my friend maybe will have a pair for sale, I can ask him if you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep - 3:59

the most beautyful bothrops imo Cool goodluck with them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep - 4:34

Where is Ralph residing currently?
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct - 23:32

Some new pics:)
male
Bothrops alternatus Pa290012
female
Bothrops alternatus Pa290013
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov - 20:32

Hello,
just ask him ...,that would be great Smile
Best regards,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Niklas Eriksson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov - 0:14

In my eyes, the most beutiful lancehead! This will deffinatly be a snake I will be keeping in the future.
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 6:38

congratulations Jaroslav !!!

do you view Bothrops barnetti?? (from Perú)..Its very nice too..´

best regards
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 14:37

Stunning specimens, what type of venom do they have?
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 18:23

Walter- thank you, yea I´ve seen barnetti but only one time and they were absolutely gorgeous but also little more expensive (800Euro) so for me is better add some money and buy bushmaster:)
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 18:51

BradMiller wrote:

I would like to answer on your question but I´m not so good in english so to explain it is for me little difficult. I hope that somebody else answer on your question. The easiest way to answer is that they have hemotoxins
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:10

Jaroslav Karhánek wrote:
Walter- thank you, yea I´ve seen barnetti but only one time and they were absolutely gorgeous but also little more expensive (800Euro) so for me is better add some money and buy bushmaster:)

Hi Jaroslav: wow...It´s very expensive !!! In january i will have many Bothrops barnetti babies......yeah...

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:14

BradMiller wrote:

Brad: the venom have many effects: hemotoxin, nefrotoxic, hemorragic, local inflamation, necrosis and death...

best regards
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 6:05

Nice animals Jaroslav.
.One of my top 5 Bothrops species.
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar - 2:21

Some new pictures but it´s very hard to make pictures of them because they are still hidden somewhere in the cage and only sometimes in the night I can see them. But in that time they always have very bad mood and are trying to bite me so it´s not pleasure for me:D
But they are so gorgeous so I must love them:)

Bothrops alternatus P3100110
Bothrops alternatus Pc280011
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeWed 19 May - 4:26

I call this species 'The DJ Snake' because it looks like it has headphones on the back. Nice and dangerous. Good luck.

BKK
Back to top Go down
Christoph Meyer

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug - 23:32

alternatus are nice and calm bothrops. i kept them for years.
Back to top Go down
Igor Federsoni

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep - 23:29

Very very very beautiful. My prefered Bothrops (Rhinocerophis alternatus), this is pattern is Southeast Brazil, nortern São Paulo or Minas Gerais.
Congratulations beautiful animal.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeSun 4 Mar - 7:54

sorry to post in here after so much time, but this is one of my favorite Bothrops species, so how are your B alternatus doing?? and do you have any info about how to care for this species properly??

regards
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 18:42

Hey Gustav, they are doing great and and growing very fast. Next year or maybe even this autumn I will try to breed them, hope it will be succesful. Not very sure about their curent lenght but I guess about 1m both of them. They are very easy to keep, never had problems with them and are great eaters, they would eat without breaks.) but they can be very fast and they are interested in every move which is done in the cage or even around the cage and the strike range isn´t small. if you are moving with anything in the cage by hook they will bite into that hook just to make sure that it´s not for eating:D Sometimes they are little bit crazy (especially in the night) but very very nice snakes.
Back to top Go down
Thiago Rodrigues
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Thiago Rodrigues

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar - 4:04

Alternatus is between the Bothrops, one of temperamentais and violent, they do not tolerate manuscript.
Back to top Go down
Allyson Vieira
Allyson Vieira

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug - 5:15

Fantastic B. alternatus, my favorite bothrops. I intend acquire one or a pair in next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops alternatus   Bothrops alternatus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothrops alternatus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next