VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

ERNEST E. WILLIAMS RESEARCH GRANTS ESTABLISHED

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

ERNEST E. WILLIAMS RESEARCH GRANTS ESTABLISHED Empty
PostSubject: ERNEST E. WILLIAMS RESEARCH GRANTS ESTABLISHED   ERNEST E. WILLIAMS RESEARCH GRANTS ESTABLISHED Icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct - 23:41

The Herpetologist's League Board of Trustees has initiated the Ernest E. Williams Research
Grants for graduate students, named in honor of the late Ernest E. Williams, first
Distinguished Herpetologist of HL and an eminent and honored faculty member at Harvard
University.

Five grants of $500.00 (maximum amount each) will be awarded in 2010, one for each of
the following categories:

Behavior
Conservation
Ecology
Physiology
Morphology/Systematics

The Herpetologist's League requests assistance in reviewing and judging proposals
submitted for these grants. The proposals are limited to 1200 words. If you volunteer to
judge, it would be helpful if you will judge all of the applicants for the category you
choose. We hope to have 3-5 judges for each category.

Submitted proposals will be sent to judges by the first week of February at the latest.
Judges will need to submit their decisions by the end of March. Winners of the inaugural
grants will be announced at the joint meetings in Providence, Rhode Island, in 2010.

A unique feature of the HL grants is that written feedback will be provided for each
applicant, in an effort to assist each student in grant writing and to provide a service that
will create more student interest in HL. Therefore, each judge will be responsible for
scoring proposals according to a template (provided). In addition, judges will also have the
task of providing a review of each proposal. We anticipate perhaps a half page of
comments and a "track changes" type response for each proposal. These, of course, will
be anonymous and will be collated and given to the students.

If you are willing to serve as a reviewer for the inaugural year of the Williams Research
Grants for graduate students, please respond to the Committee Chiarperson and indicate
a first and second choice for which category you would prefer to judge.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Committee Chairperson (below).

Thank you in advance for your interest.

Erin Muths
Chairperson
Ernest E. Williams Research Grant Committee
Herpetologist's League
erin_muths@usgs.gov
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org

Page 1 of 1