VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Leptodeira septentrionalis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Leptodeira septentrionalis Empty
PostSubject: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeMon 7 Apr - 8:22

Here is a snake from Costa Rica that came to Holland by accident in a shipment of plants. Doesn't he look nice?

Leptodeira septentrionalis 0011
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeMon 7 Apr - 10:32

Well, that is the kind of accidents i like.
the Leptodeira septentrionalis of yours also is the most beautiful one i have seen so far.

congratulations!

can you tell us a bit more about their husbandry Jelmer?
it seems to be hard to find some qualified informations about them.

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Ronny Levin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Wow..   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 1:34

Very nice, the only suprise i get by accident is a fist to my face Sad
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 2:09

Mario Lutz wrote:
Well, that is the kind of accidents i like.
the Leptodeira septentrionalis of yours also is the most beautiful one i have seen so far.

congratulations!

can you tell us a bit more about their husbandry Jelmer?
it seems to be hard to find some qualified informations about them.

cheers
Mario

Hello Mario,

Sure:)

I keep this snake at an average temperature of around 28 degrees celsius. It likes to spend its time in the trees and will often hide during daytime. It has only fed on frogs untill so far wich offcourse makes sense ( I have tried lizards, small mice, fish etc). Because it's illegal to even touch any native coldblooded animal in the Netherlands I can only feed frogs from the hobby. So it's an expensive way of keeping snakes Sad I'm trying to get this snake used to feeding on small mice which are sented with defrozen pieces of frog but it won't be easy.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeTue 8 Apr - 13:56

thanks Jelmer!

i am in the happy situation to have always enough frogs here if i need to. we build way back several small ponds and attracted all kind of different frogs and toads. now we only need to get some tad-poles once in a while and raise them, voila, the best food for small viper babies!

thanks for the infos!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug - 21:02

I find them very easy to take scented frog-scented pinky mice.

What they can not tolerate though, is mice with hair.

That has been my experience:)
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep - 2:30

theyare lovely snakes, it happened the same thing to me, but the one that came to me was from a fruitcage it was a neonate and was a Leptodeira frenata, but I usually find this ones in the tropical forest where we are doing sme research about amphibian populations in that area, I'll post pictures later, as far as I know the like humid places belive when I sayy that they live in very hot an humid palces, at night is kind of cold and with a lot but a lot of fog you can't see even in front of you, I found them inside tree holes and old cork bark on the trees.
by the way how is this Leptodeira now?? do you have more pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leptodeira septentrionalis   Leptodeira septentrionalis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leptodeira septentrionalis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Colubridae :: other Rear-fanged Snakes...-
Jump to: