VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothrops Atrox Baby

Go down 
+3
BradMiller
Ariel Saldivar
Archie Bottoms
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Bothrops Atrox Baby Empty
PostSubject: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov - 4:54

This is the only surviveing baby out of 40 36 slugs 4 liveBothrops Atrox Baby 100_1110
Back to top Go down
Ariel Saldivar
Ariel Saldivar

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov - 14:18

Hello,

Nice snake, I hope it grows well.

Greetings from Mexico.
Back to top Go down
http://www.animalcitymexico.com

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 9:17

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 20:46

Nice Archie,

Pity only one survived - did you have allot of temp fluctuations while mummy was preggies?
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec - 0:30

I do not know,This snake was bred by Randal Berry and given to me.I llike atrox and have never been able to raise a baby Tho I have tried 10 times in the early 80s .Then I gave up on them.Any one with advice on them my ears are open.This one ate pinks from the start but not regularly it likes to skip a couple of weeks some times just to scare me this is not an expensive snake but one of my most prized.When it does not eat I dont eat.This is one of those snakes that never does well for me yet every one else does fine with them.It has now not eaten in 10 days and I am freaking out. Thanks in advance for any advice.......Archie
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec - 8:01

My advice is to leave it alone...

If you are freaking out the animal hasn't eaten for 10 days, how often do you try? I feed babies one time in 10 or 14 days. Did it refuse to eat? Than I will wait another week and it could be 21 days ago the last time the animal ate...

I shouldn't worry too much. Most snakes don't eat that often.
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec - 8:25

That is what I will do thanks
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec - 11:30

Hi Archie
I have bred them three times now and the babies are real little buggers! I lost a good few of them as they refuse to eat and when they do they eat so intermittently. Completely unlike the adults. I leave them up to 3 weeks between feeding and then suddenly they will eat well for a couple of feeds then stop again! I eventually force fed a number of them to get them going and the 3 I kept back from last season are still giving me headaches! They eat, then they dont for the next 2 attempts, then they eat again. Just hang in there and if it gets to 3 weeks or so and still no interest then I would force feed it. Their natural prey is probably frogs and lizards as babies, but I dont have time to go out and collect them.
Good luck!
regards
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec - 9:48

I tell you what they go down hill fast.so I assisted it to eat a pinkie last night.That is very easy to do and will do it every 5 days from now on until it starts feeding regular on its own.The more size the better chance they have.
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 6:34

Atrox babies are bad feeders in captivity... I use part of pinky, for 10 days.... and is very difficult..

best regards
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 8:02

it ate 2 fat pinkies on its own today after 5 assist feedings.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 11:42

Hey Archie
That is excellent news! I wish mine had started that quickly! I am still struggling with the one! It has stopped eating again so I am force feeding it once more! Pain in the A**! I didnt pair mine up this year for that same reason!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 12:07

Thanks Gavin ,you know when I got it it had eaten pinks from the first feeding and ate 6 times then it stopped eating and had no interest at all.It got about half as skinny as a pencil and I knew it was time to start force feeding as well as your advice.Today I noticed it was flicking its tounge alot and crawling around so I threw in a pink wham it grabbed it and did not let go after it ate I said what the hell and threw in another and wham all over again ..I know that they do not cost much but these guys are one of my favorite snakes on the planet.I know that it could do it again so lets our fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan - 14:31

Well it did it again it ate 1 tonight same way .
Back to top Go down
Greg Spencer
Greg Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan - 13:06

I don't have too much experience with atrox, but some. I have found that my babies do not do well on pinkies at all, nor fuzzies. They prefer small hopper mice for their first meals. Once I tried that I did not have any problems at all. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothrops Atrox Baby   Bothrops Atrox Baby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothrops Atrox Baby
Page 1 of 1