VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Empty
PostSubject: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec - 4:51

Hello

I have buy 4 babys of this nice species.They have 2 months i tink.

So i need some help about feeding\keeping from some persons who keep babys for long time.
I have read about them but more info will be very helpfull for me and other people who will take this beautifull snake!

Thanks in advance!
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec - 21:32

What do you want to know about feeding and keeping?
I have had babies from my adults couple of times and usually I keep the offsprings in small plastic boxes (some candy boxes suits well). Just remember to make enought holes cople of the sides and to the top so that the ventilation is good. I keep all the snakes separately so that it's more easy to keep record of feedings and so on.
The temps go something like 24-28'c at day and around 20'c at night.

The newborn ones I feed some pinkie parts, usually legs. But if you have some really tiny ones you can try ½pinkie or the head.
It really depends of the size of your snake..
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec - 23:29

Thank you very much for information Sami!

I will put some pictures to can see them and tell me after what is beeter to feed them.

All the best,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Bob Herrington
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec - 9:55

At two months of age, they should be ready for whole day old pinkies. If they are smaller, I really like just pinky heads. If they strike these just right, they are difficult for the snake to shake out and most go ahead and swallow it. Make sure that you keep them hydrated by misting and dripping water on their heads. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec - 2:11

Hi Alexander,
I bought this schlegeli 2 years ago,
Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) B_schl10
they where 4 days old and have nevere eaten.
First shedding was 2 days later, and again 2 days later they had a complet 1day mouse.
Out of 5 babys this luck happend 5 times. I was making them angy by tipping their tail wih
the mouse and they strocke right away, after missing 2 or 3 times they got the mouse and swallowed it.
They droped the food fast, when molested or the box was moved.
And thats how he looks today.
Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Dsc00710
Trying will help, and schlegelii are not that difficult, i had a couple times joungsters
but never big problems with them.
Greetings
Rene
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec - 7:47

Bob Herrington wrote:
At two months of age, they should be ready for whole day old pinkies. If they are smaller, I really like just pinky heads. If they strike these just right, they are difficult for the snake to shake out and most go ahead and swallow it. Make sure that you keep them hydrated by misting and dripping water on their heads. Good Luck!

Thank you for information!They were feed once at 10 days.Pinkys looking too big for them.I will feed heads of pinckys.

Regards,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec - 7:56

Hello Rene,

You had goodluck!

Mine are very small , them head are small as a pinky head.
I have to do a lot of try befor they eat first time.I feed them pinky cute in 4 pices,today will be the second feed at me.First try they had take the pinky part but after fast they drop down from mouth.

Btw you got a really nice schlegelii there!

Thanks,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec - 17:13

Rene Schenk wrote:

they where 4 days old and have nevere eaten.
First shedding was 2 days later, and again 2 days later they had a complet 1day mouse.
Greetings
Rene

Thats great! Usually I don't even bother to try feeding the newborns until something like 14 days.. or 5-10 day from the first shed.
People tend to get stressed out from that their snake isn't eating but after a couple of years playing with arboreal snakes I have become quite relaxed with this issue.. many of my snakes including offsprings tend to refuse food for months and they don't seem ill or anything.

@Alexander
Yeap they do that.. shake their heads and drop the food if you make a move, so stay still for those 15-20 min when the snake is eating Very Happy lol
Sometimes it quite frustrating but it gets easier by the time.
Good luck with youre new snakes!
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec - 18:55

Hello Sami!

Thank you!I can`t wait until i will see them eat well one pinky Smile.

PS: i have seen at 2 of them they make some saliva at mouths,is a problem?

All the best,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 7:52

Hello @ all!

Finally i got some little dexterity to feed them one from 4 is a bit skinny and is makeing some bubbles on mouths the others 3 doing very well i tink.

Thanks a lot for help!

Happy New Year,
Alexander

Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) 0112Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) 0210Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) 0510Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) 0410
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun - 6:34

hello, sorry I kno this is an old post, but I was wondering how are your babys today?? did you have any problems with them?? do you have more pics??
thanks I advance for your answer.

regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)   Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothriechis schlegelii babys (care)
Page 1 of 1