VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

B.jararaca new baby

Go down 
+11
Arjan Breedveld
Pascal Kamp
Janne Penttinen
Piotr Michałowski
Paul Rowley
Markus Gottlieb
BradMiller
Walter Silva
Marthinus C. Harmse
Archie Bottoms
Jaroslav Karhánek
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

B.jararaca new baby Empty
PostSubject: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec - 21:24

I must show to you my new arrival:) He is absolutely gorgeous. Momentally I bought only male but next time I´ll buy a female. He´s refusing pinky mice so I must feed him with geckos but that´s doesn´t matter. Today he ate one gecko so I´m very happy:)
B.jararaca new baby Pc150010
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec - 18:07

Very nice,those are hard to find
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec - 23:55

Wow. I have only recently turned into a Bothrops addict and that animal doesnt make it any easier to deal with.
Keep the photos coming please.
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 6:35

Congratulations man !!!

It´s very nice snake.

More pics !!!

best regards
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 14:35

Very nice...
Will beef heart strips work on these guys?

I would really want Bothrops at some stage - need to finish my mould for terrestrial snakes first before I get a couple of these.
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 18:56

thx all of you.) I´ve never tried beef heart strips so I don´t know. I will feed him some time with geckos and after he will be bigger I´ll try small mice. momentally he is very small about 35-40cm so I won´t stress him with force feeding
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jan - 0:58

Some new pictures:) I hope that you´ll like them, he is so cute:D
B.jararaca new baby Pc200010
B.jararaca new baby Pc240010
almost like GTP:D
B.jararaca new baby Pc260010
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jan - 20:49

You don't have to force beef strips and you can make them long like a gecko. Just warm them in your hand for a few minutes after you have dried off most of the blood. Tease the snake as per normal. I have had allot of success this way.

He is very nice, 35-40cm is big in neonates terms!
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan - 2:48

Ok Brad, thank you for the tips, I´ll try it and then I´ll write here if it was succesfull.
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 16:30

bEEF HEART WORKS GREAT TO FORCE FEED AS WELL THE ONLY PROBLEM IS AS THEY ARE GROWING THEY MUST GET SOME CALCIUM SO A PINKY OR GECKO EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE.
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 16:52

Archie - I agree some what - pinkies are mostly water though and to get the little guys going they need protein and calcium. But by the time they really need calcium the neonates are stronger you can give them fuzzies which have higher calcium content. I alternate between pinks and beef heart in the early stages.
Sometimes lizards or gecko's are just not available. Calcium dust also works.
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 17:09

You are correct Brad.The beef heart has just about no fat at all and is a great sorce of protein.Wouldent it be great if all snakes ate fuzzys from the start they are the perfict meal.Damn I can not spell tonight
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan - 17:14

It would be - I really cant see why a 35-40cm neonates could not nail a fuzzie... I have no experience with these snakes so I am curious.
My purps and Kanburis are small only 8-10cm now thats fun to try and get eating, pinks are just to big even just the heads are to big.
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan - 3:13

Few feeding pics. Last two or more weeks when I tried feed him with live gecko he´s just killed them but didn´t ate them. So firstly I gave him gecko and then pink mouse and beef heart because I haven´t more pink mice:( So it was combination... Next time it will be only pink mice or some fuzzies i still don´t know. What is better?
B.jararaca new baby P1060013
B.jararaca new baby P1060011
B.jararaca new baby P1060012
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan - 14:34

The best food is what ever you can get it to eat.When it gets some size mice will be no problem
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan - 3:27

After several forcefeedings he is eating without my help small fuzzy mice:) So we are starting with growing up;)
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jan - 17:49

Awesome - Well done!
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 2:31

Some new pictures of that beast:) He is growing up very well so that´s making me very happy. Now he is getting been more "aggressive" or better is say more active and dangereous but it´s still better than my Urutu lanceheads:)

B.jararaca new baby P2220110
it was big mouse, normally I feed him with smaller mice...
B.jararaca new baby P3020110
B.jararaca new baby P3020111
B.jararaca new baby P3020112
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 3:04

Wow

He is doing very well Smile now he looks like a very good feeder and the color and pattern is also very nice!

Greetings
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 18:20

Thank you:)
Back to top Go down
Paul Rowley
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 4 Mar - 21:29

Well done!
We used to keep a lot of Bothrops Sp. a few years back... I do miss having them in the collection!
Back to top Go down
Piotr Michałowski

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar - 19:08

Beauty little devil.

Regards Smile
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun - 4:00

There are some new pictures:) He is growing very well and now he has about 70cm I think but I´m not sure:) And luckily he is still very calm. I´m planning to buy him "wife" this year so hopefully he will love her and have a lot of nice kids:D
B.jararaca new baby P3230211
B.jararaca new baby P5190210
He always starts to eat mice from their a...Very Happy
B.jararaca new baby P3160210
B.jararaca new baby P5100210
Back to top Go down
Janne Penttinen
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun - 16:19

Very beautiful snake!
Good work.

The rather limited experience I have of lanceheads has shown that convincing does work better than forcing when it comes to feeding.
Sometimes you have to use beef heart, sometimes Hymenochirus frogs, etc.
However, if the snake absolutely refuses to take anything, it is hard to get to work.
Force-feeding seems to stress lanceheads more than other species.
The ones I had to force-feed never recovered, they slowly withered away making the proceedure rather pointless.
I know not the reason, perhaps the specimens I had were incapable to survive in any case because of badly developed intestines or so...
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov - 0:38

Almost month ago I bought a female. So finally I have a pair, hopefully in the future I´ll get from them babies. During day they are hidden but in the night...devils:)
Here she is
B.jararaca new baby Pa252711
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B.jararaca new baby   B.jararaca new baby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B.jararaca new baby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next