VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad

Go down 
+16
Niels van den Hooff
Ralph Tümmers
Alexandru Strugariu
Brett Franklin
Mike Spencer
Patrick Waffek
Andrew Hacket
Karl Müller
Rob Deans
Jaroslav Karhánek
Rainer Fesser
Markus Gottlieb
Marthinus C. Harmse
NiekHofman
Thomas Christ
Michael Bollhorn
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Empty
PostSubject: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec - 23:49

I get 2,1 at the Hamm-Show, all 3 eats perfect froozen mice... bounce

Not the best pics but I won´t stress them to much.
In real all 3 have the same yellow like the 2nd male!

The female (~80 cm):

Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 0110
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 01_ca_10

The 1st male (~75 cm):

Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 10_ca_10

The 2nd male (~85 cm):

Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 10_ca_11
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 10_ca_12

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Thomas Christ
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Thomas Christ

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec - 23:58

Hey Michael,

really nice Jewels do you have.
Thanks for sharing.

Do you keep them together?

Cheers, Tom
Back to top Go down
NiekHofman
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
NiekHofman

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 1:38

Those are some stunning animals !! I would love to have a pair .. but then again,, I allready have nigricollis and those spit enough for me lol
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 5:38

The illegal trafficking of animals from SA to Hamm is reflected all over the internet on many different websites.
The main illegal route is SA to Germany.
I see animals in avatars which must be from this season's pickings and it makes me want to vomit on my laptop keybord.

European buyers arent to blame as they are often not aware that the animals are smuggled.
Know what you are buying before you purchase any animals.

I just commited local suicide.

Nice Rinkhals. Really nice banded animals. Rinkhals is an Afrikaans language word for neckless.
Good luck with them.
Regards
Marthinus
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 6:40

Oh my god

they are so damn awesome! The last pic...I have no words to describe it Very Happy

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 8:01

Just in-fing-credible specimens. Thanks for the great pictures.

I wonder why they are not in the Naja genus though?
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 17:34

There are a few reasons for that Cakmak.
Amongst others, they are live bearers and they have keeled scales.
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 20:06

Hello Marthinus,

You write:
"The illegal trafficking of animals from SA to Hamm is reflected all over the internet on many different websites.
The main illegal route is SA to Germany.
I see animals in avatars which must be from this season's pickings and it makes me want to vomit on my laptop keybord.
European buyers arent to blame as they are often not aware that the animals are smuggled.
Know what you are buying before you purchase any animals."

I agree in most things you express but not in one: Most of the buyers are to blame. Almost everybody here knows that it is illegal to bring animals out of SA, in most of the animals it is clear and easy to see that they are wild-caught. And where should they come from (in this case) than from SA?

Michael: Beautyful animals, I understand it is hard to say no in this case.

I wish you all a good year 2010,

Rainer
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 20:42

@ Reiner.
It is a difficult situation really.
Lets take Namibian Luderitz cornuta, Mpumalanga Bitis atropos Northern-Cape cornuta and various other endemic species including Bitis peringueyi, Telescopus beetzii etc.

Here are the facts:
* Namibia does not allow any export of reptiles at all. These Namibian animals are caught year after year with few Captive Bred animals leaving SA. My personal views are that if its Captive Bred then in many ways I dont care what the origin of the animals are. If its WC then you know you are contributing to unregulated and uncontrolled theft of wildlife or poaching if you will.

* The Northern-Cape privince in South-Africa will never allow export of WC animals unless for scientific purposes.
The animals are smuggled into the KZN province which is the only remaining province which is left unregulated. We hope this will change in the near future.

There are a few breeders here in SA who are prepared to go to the lengths of providing top quality and select Captive Bred legal animals.
STOP ILLEGAL TRADE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 20:48

Marthinus C. Harmse wrote:
There are a few reasons for that Cakmak.
Amongst others, they are live bearers and they have keeled scales.

Name is Yasin mate.

And yeah, that makes sense. I should get a pair of these, are cb available anytime?
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec - 23:37

Oh god, they are absolutely wonderfull, really nice and cool snakes, congrats. The last picture is so nice:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec - 19:29

awesome specimen's Cool ,realy want to have some like those one day
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec - 2:38

I wont comment on the legalities but will say that this group are among the nicest looking I have seen, and I have seen many even from Kokstad.
Back to top Go down
Karl Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karl Müller

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec - 20:01

Thanks for the pictures,nice snakes Michael. Very Happy
Regards,
Karl
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec - 21:54

Many thanks for your compliments and statements about the smuggling...

Before this thread startet I don´t know the WC animals from SA all illegal. In the past I keep only snakes from South America and Asia without this problems...
... but if someone lift his Finger: don´t forget to remember about the African guys who ordering the European vipers every year! This snakes all listet WA II...

I wish you all a very good, happy and healthy new year 2010, good luck with your families, your snakes and many fine litters!

With kind regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan - 18:40

Hi Michael.

Thank you for the good wishes.
The problem lies with the origin of the animals.
Once in KZN these animals of illegal origin can possibly be exported legally if not smuggled anyway.
Do you see what we are faced with?
Coincidentally I do not keep any European animals at all.
All I would advise keepers to do is to request proof that the snakes purchased are CB or 100 % legal by requesting import/export permits.
It should solve most of our problems.

I myself enjoy herping very much but I feel it is important that we halt destruction of this magnitude.
I feel that it is our responsibility to keep the animals' interests at heart as its from them which we get our endless joy.
I do not wish to take the subject much further here, but you are welcome to PM me.

All the best.
Marthinus
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug - 7:49

Hey Michael how are the animals doing ? I hope you can breed these !! the 2nd male is ridiculous.

Here is a new Locality for H.haemechatus possesing some very interesting green coloring
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 45604_425359556950_562456950_5413132_2045169_n
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 45604_425359551950_562456950_5413131_3960001_n
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 45604_425359541950_562456950_5413129_1640284_n
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 45604_425359531950_562456950_5413128_6410869_n
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 40429_425359241950_562456950_5413102_5059182_n
Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad 45604_425359526950_562456950_5413127_3413730_n
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug - 8:08

Hi Andrew, you´re right - very intersting coloring! I never saw it before.
Where they come from?

My Hemachatus doing very well! I never saw a copulation but I think my girl is pregnant.
She looks every week a little bit bigger, searching for higher temps and is freakishly to her male...
So I hope and cross my fingers...!

I need new pictures from my Rinkhals, the 1st male goes more to white/yellow and not brownish like the pic you see here and the 2nd male is much more yellow after a few sheds!
Only the female goes a little bit darker, black dust at the last third.

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeThu 19 Aug - 15:25

Hey Michael , that does sound very good towards the breeding ! Please reserve me the prettiest 1.1 after your hold-backs.

The new animals is from near Harrismith area.
Like you said , pictures is always great of your animals Smile

Ciao
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Patrick Waffek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Patrick Waffek

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug - 4:38

Hello Michael,

very nice Rinkhals.
I wish you all the best for breeding.

I am another one who is really interested in some of these.

Go on.

Patrick

Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug - 15:14

Great looking Rinkhals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug - 23:07

Marthinus C. Harmse wrote:

Nice Rinkhals. Really nice banded animals. Rinkhals is an Afrikaans language word for neckless.

I am no afrikaaner but I think it means ring-necked as in a ring or band around the neck Marthinus.

The exclusion from the naja genus also includes the fang structure, that being a canal along the fang rather than the tip. As you say live bearing and keeled scales are others.

These snakes have been bred a number of times in Europe and so I would be reluctant to brand each and every one "smuggled"?
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug - 6:06

Quote :
These snakes have been bred a number of times in Europe and so I would be reluctant to brand each and every one "smuggled"?

I think we all know the truth here Brett , but you are correct in someway which perhaps you did not expect.

These animals is from Kokstad - KZN , so it is legal to collect the animals from the wild but you can only export legally if you breed the WC collected animals and send the babies. These animals were exported from KZN in a shipment so there WILL be PERMITS for this animals , so technically they is NOT SMUGGLED and they is LEGAL , but to cut the BULLSHIT the truth is these animals was not captive bred buy the exporter.

So techincally it is not Michaels fault! BUT If he feels bad "morally" or the exporter told him they was WC animals, he can breed the adults keep the babies and then export the adults back to the exporter in South Africa , Then everything "technically speaking " will be balanced legally !

TOTALY RIDICULOUS !

Quote :
I am no afrikaaner but I think it means ring-necked as in a ring or band around the neck Marthinus

I don't think anyone give a shit if it is necklace or a ring-necked.

Back to top Go down
Brett Franklin
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Brett Franklin

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug - 15:15

Ok Andrew, there is no need to get your panties in a knot about it Razz

The fact I am correct does not suprise me though. In my opinion if you catch the snake in the wild and keep it in your collection here in SA or export it to Europe, what is the difference?

In regards to the "necklace", "neck-less", or ring-necked - I don't really care either to be honest, just bored at work.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug - 18:24

Hey Brett ! I am not wearing any panties !!! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad   Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemachatus haemachatus - My Jewels from South Africa - Kokstad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next