VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr - 18:39

belated easter greetings from our Naja najas!

today our Najas gave me a nice surprise, after my arrival from manila i found one of my females on eggs today. well, i was hoping we breed them this year as they have nothing done last year - but the female was not expected to deliver eggs - it was suppose the other i separated earlier this way. 20 beautiful eggs, snow white was smiling at me, what a late easter surprise!

the other female is bigger - and very gravid - means, ill expect now another 30 eggs within the next days... grrr

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Naja_n12
the beauty and the eggs!

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Naja_n13
try to get my clutch - make my day punk!

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Naja_n14
wow - how nice is that?

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 15:25

Nice result, eggs look well...
It looks you will have a lot of hungry necks in next approx. 60 days... Wink
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 1:55

Way to go. Doesn't look like I'll be getting any N. naja eggs this year. There's still time, but it's not looking good. Congrats to you though
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 2:04

Randy, do your Naja naja breed every year?
it seem to me they breed every other year only... if im correct, ill think Peter from austria have made the same observation?

can you drop us a line peter?

cheers,
Mario
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 2:24

Yes, at my facility here they bred only every second year, but I've heard at least from one person who bred his Naja naja every year, therefore I think if it's a rule it will be proven by exceptions like almost every rule.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 12:16

i know i was remembering somethings like that...
thanks for the info peter...

cheers,
Mario
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 14:42

Mario,

My Naja naja bred in Jan. 2005 and I got 17 babies. I bred them again in March 2006 and I got 9 good eggs but they all went bad. I figured maybe it was from retained sperm, but I did see them tied up on 03/18/06. They were never cooled in those years.

I sold my adult male and an adult female that I got in a trade to Dean Ripa for his Serpentarium. In 2007 the same female that I had bred to that male laid 30 eggs, all bad. I was planning to take a trip so may snakes didn't get cooled until 2 months later than normal this year, and she laid about 30 bad eggs again about a month after coming out of hibernation. She hadn't been with the male, until after she laid the tiny bad eggs. Don't know yet if she bred with him, but I doubt it.

So, my female is laying eggs every year whether she is with a male or not, but they are all bad eggs. Hopefully next year, when I cool them on time, she will breed and lay good eggs.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 19:43

ok, i understand....
hopefully, there is nothing wrong with the male (you have a new male? or you talking about your snakes at dean´s serpentarium?)?

well, i received my trio september 2006. one year later (2007) i was hoping to have some eggs, but i never saw them mating, and nothing happened. this year i just dont switch on the lights (i have no colder room anyway) and separated my 1.2 Naja naja for 6 weeks. then, i put them together first the male with the first female, later ill switched them and set them together with the other female - nothing!

another 4 weeks later, ill transfered all three snakes in to another, bigger and higher (1.50m) cage. and what happen? exactly, they liked the new setup better and paired up, almost directly after been transfered to the new cage! my Sri Lanka Cobras (also the adults) love to climb, i see them the whole day climbing around. sometimes, the animals just dont have the same taste for their "homes" as we do. if there is something wrong - like not mating, not eating well or what ever, i first try to offer them another stimuli, most of the times it helps (as you can see on the picture above).

cheers,
Mario
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 21:10

Really nice species.. One of the true cobra species for me.

I had 1.1 cb 07 but one specimens refused to eat and died after a few months. This little critter survived after force feeding it a couple of times. Now it's feeding like never before.
I think I wait for a few months and then I'll check the sex (I mixed them up). Maybe I will be looking for an older couple if this is a female.

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) IMG_0207

Cheers,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 0:14

Mario,

The only male I have now is from the pair of '05's I kept. So I have a pair of '05's and their mom. Their mom keeps laying eggs, but they are not good. This year, I put her with her son after I warmed them up and they shed. I noticed right away she seemed to be gravid already, so I put her back in her cage with a laying box, and she layed a bunch of bad eggs. That shed was obviously her pre-lay shed.

The eggs were very small, so I don't believe she was stressed nearly as much as if they were all good eggs. I've put her back in with her son a few times, but I haven't seen any action.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: naja-naja *polyocellata* eggs (pictures) Part II   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 13:37

well, today was the day...
my second female delivered 26 healthy eggs and one wax-egg...

the eggs been laid 14 day´s after here pre-layed-shed (the other Naja naja female delivered after 13 day´s!)

some pictures:

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Naja_n15
laboring female ... Naja naja

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Naja_n16
another 26 good looking eggs.....

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Naja_n17
and into the incubator....

just in case guys, the babies should be hatching after around 70 days... if somebody like some!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 23:31

Way to go Mario. My '05 Sri Lankan looks like she may be gravid. Kind of hard to tell. She is fatter than usual at the tail end, but not as fat as you might expect if she was gravid. She is blue now, so we'll see what happens after she sheds.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 17:54

just an short update guys....

the first clutch was loosing one egg, all others are nice and growing....

the second clutch: 15 eggs left, the others was not fertile and we loose them within days..
all others are find white and growing...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)   Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naja naja *polyocellata* eggs! (pictures)
Page 1 of 1