VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....

Go down 
+4
Rainer Fesser
Fabian Dirks
Christian Moisander
Tom Charlton
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Empty
PostSubject: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 17:17

Hi there,

I actually keep 3.2.0 C.rhodostoma, with interesting changings in colour.

Here some pictures:
Calloselasma rhodostoma. The bigger female, ready to breed. Very dark phase, with blueish reflects. She's an CB05

Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Dsc_0038
Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Dsc_0039

A CB male 06, brighter than the first one.
Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Dsc_0040
Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Dsc_0043

At least, a very bright female. She's a CB08. I'm deep in love with it!!!

Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Dsc_0041

Cheers
LucasC.
Back to top Go down
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 21:48

Wow, that last female is beautiful! I keep 1.1 C.rhodastoma, my female from Java looks very much like your dark female in the first picture, and my male is very red.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Tom
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomlogic.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 22:02

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
I, too, think that the lightest one is the best.

Keep us updated on your breeding projects with these.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 22:55

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to put the whole group together next month, and see if my males are hot or not... Very Happy

I hope to get some breedings this year from this specie. I like them very much, and, my thought about these is that they are under represented in captivity....

I'll let you know!
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr - 23:50

Wow breathtaking the female
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 4:31

Hello Lucas,

you have some really beautiful C. rhodostoma!
Congratulations,
Rainer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr - 6:49

Wonderful examples. Best of luck with breeding.
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr - 3:27

Beautiful specimens, Mr. Carretero, regardless of their colouration. Thank you for posting this. I agree that Calloselasma are under appreciated snakes. If you can, please keep us updated on any results from the breeding trials. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr - 3:34

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll let you know as soon as I get some news in breedings or so.

Cheers
LucasC.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeSun 23 May - 1:53

Very nice. Do you know if this are diferent localities or genetic mutations. Some combinations would look good also or maybe the middle one is a combination of the dark and bight one. I did not found any sources about Calloselasma mutations. Do you maybe know of anyone who keeps them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeSun 23 May - 19:55

Hi there,

I've been talking with some breeders, or scientists who studied them on the field, and it seems that there is no specifications (morphs) or specific colours to a geographical area.

I would not talk about genetic mutations, as on different litters, you get different colours anyway. I'll be able to explain more about colours as soon as my bigger female will lay eggs, and those will hatch.

Cheers

LucasC.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hermann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb - 18:15

Thank you for sharing this, C. rhodostoma are very good looking snakes.
I wondered, are those difficult to keep ? Putting aside their striking venom, I heard that most of those animals had a nasty behaviour and are not shy when it comes to bite people.
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joel Power

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul - 10:52

Wow beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....   Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calloselasma rhodostoma colour variation....
Page 1 of 1