VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirco Kempter
Mirco Kempter

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Empty
PostSubject: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2010 - 3:14

Mirco Kempter has deleted his images.

Last edited by Mirco Kempter on Mon 16 May 2011 - 21:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2010 - 7:15

Hi Mirco
Did you get this snake as adult and was it easy to get on to rodents and what is its temperament like?? Sorry about all the questions, but I have heard so many stories about these snakes and it is always better to hear from people that actually keep them than all the stories that go around. I would like to get some and possibly can, but would like to know what problems I might have first.Very nice snake by the way!
Thanks
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2010 - 8:53

Is it true that they make Black Mambas look like they are on Prozac Smile?

I would love to see some pictures on a branch or a tree.
Back to top Go down
Maciej Pokrywka
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Maciej Pokrywka

Male
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2010 - 10:32

Hello,
Stunning animal! I can't take my eyes off of its hypnotizing sight actually... I admire your courage to keep these, as I've heard stories that make my knees tremble, hehe. Good luck!
Maciej
Back to top Go down
Mirco Kempter
Mirco Kempter

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeFri 9 Apr 2010 - 0:30

Although this magnificent animal belonged to a friend of mine, I can tell something about its behaviour as I looked after it as well. It was a wild caught young adult, a little less than 2m long, shipped from Uganda in best condition. After its arrival we removed about 50! ticks from its body - quite nerve-wracking. After the first shedding the skin was already nearly flawless and the snake readily fed on frogs and toads. It didn't take mice, but that wasn't much of a problem as my friend had unlimited access to different amphibians.

Now about the "rumours": The snake was very fast moving indeed, "flying" through the branches comparable to a wild caught D. j. kaimosae I'd say - but the aggressiveness was just about what you expect when handling a wild caught arboreal elapid that is full of fear. Inside the terrarium the Tree Cobra seemed rather intelligent and well-considered than uncontrollably furious. When it comes to hunting prey, the word aggressive can be used for its assault at lightning speed. Bitten frogs died pretty soon considering the low metabolism of amphibians - but therefore evolution has customized Pseudohaje venom I guess..

Unfortunately the snake died due to the improper use of an acaricide, what a shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010 - 10:59

What a pitty... Snake's beuty. Haven't got you more pics ?
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 11:17

Gorgeous species! Too bad it isn't alive anymore...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.   Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pseudohaje goldii, images deleted.
Page 1 of 1