VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas

Go down 
+2
Markus Gottlieb
Karsten Hoer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Karsten Hoer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karsten Hoer

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-07

My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Empty
PostSubject: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 4:17

Here are some pic´s from my new xanthomelas. They are from 2010.

My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Cimg2610

My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Cimg2611

I´m not shure about the sex. Some ideas ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.karstenhoer.de
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 4:20

Wow, very nice :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 13:57

You just wait and see how it develops. They are incredible. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr - 20:51

Hello Karsten,
great to see ,hope you like em .
But they are from late 2009 Wink
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Karsten Hoer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karsten Hoer

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr - 5:38

Hi,

i am very happy with them. And now i know, they are from 2009 Razz

regards,
Karsten
Back to top Go down
Karsten Hoer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karsten Hoer

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeTue 20 Apr - 22:07

The darker one just finished her shed. During the preparation periode, she ate two times without making a problem.

My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Cimg2810
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 1:26

Looks great Karsten,
the other one you´ve seen here ...is also changeing the colour ,turning to a nice yellow now and should be a female .
I would say you got two females,the adults i got here you can see the yellow animals with spots are females and the darker and most without spots are males.
When they once eat good ,they will grow fast and eat nearly every time,just shitting and eating Smile
Hope to hear you soon ,
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 3:56

Hello,

I can´t agree with you Ralph.
I have 3 males an only one have reduced red pattern and the "yellow" goes more to green.

My expectation is they different from habitat to habiat!
Males can have the same color like the females...

You can see it easy at the eyes color. Sichuan have a black iris, a rich yellow and many shine red pattern. Like the male at my avatar...

For example East China have a "silver" iris, the yellow goes sometimes more to green or the yellow is not shiny.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 4:52

Hello Michael ,
thanks for your comment ... sounds interesting.
What do you think from which region are this animals ?
I will make some more pictures of mine i got here ,some green ,some yellow ,some nearly black Smile
All colours that are possible Wink
Wish you a great evening and we will call soon,
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 7:07

I can´t say where they come from, there are to much habitats in China and they all mixed in Hong Kong.
T think all snakes from different habitats looking different.
Look at the Sichuan Jerdonii, they have a small but long head, big red pattern, a shiny yellow and a black iris.
I forget the name of the hill but last year came some near complete black & yellow Jerdonii to Europe. Some guys speak about Jerdonii jerdonii but Jerdonii j. doesn´t exists in China...
On closer inspection you could see the red pattern are overlaid by the black, only red shadows are left...
They come from a hill in higher elevation, they need the black color to get more/better temperature.
This snakes have a head close to Sichuan, small and long.

My East-China are complete different!
The head is more broad and short, more triangular. The iris is silver, the red pattern a very little bit reduced and the skin goes more green ore the yellow is brighter than Sichuan.

I think we can here al lot about new Jerdonii in the next years...
Twisted Evil

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 16:54

Hi, try this into google and you wil find a very intressting paper! Sorry, not for free.

Peng Guo et. al. (2009) Systematics of the Protobothrops jerdonii complex (Serpentes, Viperidae, Crotalidae) inferred from morphometric data and molecular phylogeny.

Cheers,

Peter
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 20:31

really nice!!!stunning snakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitimeSat 15 May - 6:17

Looking incredible. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas   My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Protobothrops j. xanthomelas
Page 1 of 1