VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder

Go down 
+7
Tigran Tadevosyan
Grégoire Meier
Peter Zürcher
Peter van Issem
Walter Silva
Johan Pennanen
Alexej Darafeyenka
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexej Darafeyenka
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexej Darafeyenka

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Empty
PostSubject: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeMon 3 May - 0:59

Pelias darevskii from Vipera kaznakovi-complex is one of the most rare Pelias(Vipera)
species with very small habitats in Armenia and Turkey.

Photos were taken by an analog camera, by my friend, then I used his printed pictures and a scanner :

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4570813061_0a1c7ae631_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571448018_01c4660804_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571447150_197b6bb8ca_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571467820_c7d1e93eba_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571446808_4dfd641559_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4570812501_be4a4e63ea_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571448818_61be5bbba8_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571467638_c49976308e_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4570811549_65d0fdec64_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571448980_12691515ce_o

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4570811343_8406ab73d5_o

Natrix n. persa ffom the same habitat :

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder 4571447418_1690041f56_o

Last edited by Larsa Darafeyenka on Mon 3 May - 2:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperacaucasica.com
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeMon 3 May - 1:12

Very nice!
Thanks for share!

Cheers, Johan
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeMon 3 May - 1:19

very nice pics !!! Thx Larsa.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeMon 3 May - 2:11

Very nice shots of an extra rare snake - indeed! Very rare to find in anny books and now for me the first time with the aditional habitat pictures. It looks like there lives in stoney maedows, similar like some ursinii populations. But there is nothing else like gras. No tree´s or bigger bushes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeMon 3 May - 2:32

Great pictures of an awesome species!

Looks a lot like Vipera pontica from Coruh Valley Turkey and from Georgia.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeMon 3 May - 4:23

Stunning animals and pictures.

I've never seen Pelias as genus, it's known as a subgenus as far as i know. (Pelias, Rhinaspis)
If it's written "Pelias (Vipera) darevskii" Pelias is the genus and Vipera the subgenus - very confusing - help!

Maybe i overlooked these taxonomical changes.............
Any papers available?

Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Grégoire Meier
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Grégoire Meier

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 19:18

Nices pics and nive viper!
Back to top Go down
http://serpenti-del-ticino.over-blog.org/

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 20:19

It's nice to see so beautiful viper. After watching these pics I won't sleep.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 22:37

I agree with Peter,
for me it is still Pelias the Subgenus (so far I know). I know it only as Vipera (Pelias) darevskii. Like the other SG (Acridophaga) for ursinii. Paperwork if anny availeble are very intressting. I missed such a in my collection too. But I´m sure, I´m not ,,up to date´´ within my ,,Vipera´´ paperwork.... There are so manny...
Back to top Go down
Tigran Tadevosyan

Tigran Tadevosyan

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeSat 14 May - 9:47

Really nice pics Larsa
Say thanks to Kostja:)

I noticed that recently more and more people tend to consider shield-headed representatives of the genus Vipera as "Pelias". Although there is still a lot of confusion and disagreements between systematic zoologists, a genus Vipera seems to be polyphyletic. At least 3 major groups seem to exist (1) Shield-Headed Vipers (Pelias), True vipers (Vipera) or "Aspis" and "Ammodites" group, also as Rhynaspis, asd Mountain vipers (Montivipera). I thinks that Vipera barani and vipera pontica from Turkey and Georgia are rather related to "Vipera" or "Rhynaspis" than to Pelias.

References may be found at

http://rjh.folium.ru/editorial/2010-17-1/@Ksdfmkjqwio0t3_/2010-17-1-001.pdf
[img][/img]Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Image-G62521
Back to top Go down
http://www.herp-am.narod.ru
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeSat 14 May - 19:35

Agree with Peter also.......:

I think he mean: Berus as "pelias" complex (berus, kaznakovi, orlovi, dinniki, renardi, etc...etc....)
And different as "aspis" complex....(aspis, ammodytes, transcausania, etc...etc....)

Definitively need some papers and publi ...
Back to top Go down
Tim Leerschool

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeSat 14 May - 21:53

Excellent photos! I still want to visit the Caucasus mountains to see the amazing species that live there. I was hoping to do my final thesis on genetics within the caucasus vipers.

What helped me in figuring out the taxonomics within the Vipera group is the book Vipers of Europe by Johan de Smedt ( http://www.viperidae.de/ ). It costs a bit but I still find it one of the most, if not the most interesting books on the Vipera genus.

Best Regards,

Tim
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeSun 15 May - 20:15

Owesome photos of habitat and snakes. Very interesting N.N.persa too.

Best regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Mats Olsson

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jun - 6:21

Werry nice pics love them,i wunder do you knowe howe lage vipera ammodytes merdionails get i only have find the nomnat form size.

Mats Olsson Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder   Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pelias(Vipera) darevskii bilder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Viperidae :: Vipera-
Jump to: