VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

true or faked?

Go down 
+4
NiekHofman
Jon Davidson
Jason Bruno
Peter Zürcher
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeThu 13 May - 21:42

just seen on a swiss forum:
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/05/fort_worth_zoo.php?c=pfs

Maybe our US friends here do know more about it?

Is that true or just a fake?

Anyway - it's unbelievable to me

Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-12-06

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 0:44

The only thing I want to say is that the problems we are facing here with the laws being inforced and allegations of mistreatment of animals whether fact or false, is getting out of control. The majority of "big" dealers here are cutting the throats of legit and responsible owners and breeders! I'm actually all for more laws being put in place to protect the animals and the rights of those who truly and I mean truly love these animals and continue to breathe in this money infested fog that sucks the life out of responsible and compitent owners and breeders. It's a shame that we here in the USA are watching are rights be taking away do to greed and lies. I agree that alot of "people" should and I hope do lose their animals and I also would like to see the shows be knocked down a few. To many people care about the money and not who they selling the animals to. So much deceit and lies is whats causing our rights right now to be on the door step with government trash ready to be dicarded like yesterdays news. I say instead of fighting the government let's go after the "people" that are causing this problem, their the ones doing this not the government sitting around saying" hum what group of people do we want to piss off". These "people" are the root of it, I say ban against these people or wait....DO YOU BUY YOUR ANIMALS FROM PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!!
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 2:39

I won't comment directly on the content of this video clip, as we all know that PETA has been known to present many circumstances and insolated incidents out of context. However, I believe that PETA has raised some valid points with regard to how animals- reptiles and amphibians in particular- are maintained in captivity. For example, we've seen the howls of protest from the pet reptile keeping community over the recent legal restrictions imposed on the private ownership of certain python(and other reptile) species in the U.S. ; but who is really responsible for these new restrictions? I understand that some reptile importers in Florida(for example) have simply shrugged off their role regarding the problem of invasive python species in their state. I agree with the view expressed that many pet reptile wholesalers in the U.S. who imported vast numbers of exotic reptile species- that had a clear and obvious potential to establish themselves in a semi-tropical foreign location which is widely known to be prone to high winds, storms and hurricanes- and housing those animals outdoors in flimsily constructed wire and wood cages, was irresponsible, to say the least. Another point of contention that I believe is worth some consideration is that somewhere along the line, the average pet reptile keeper appears to have come to believe that keeping reptiles- snakes in particular- in tiny, little plastic containers with snap down lids with little more than some sterile wood shavings and a water bowl is the ideal way in which to house and keep reptiles/snakes in captivity. It seems obvious to me that these kinds of reptile/snake keepers have simply emulated the reptile wholesalers who keep their snakes and reptiles in these little plastic boxes stacked up in 'racks' like isolation cells in a maximum security prison. In my view, some of the concerns raised by the PETA folks, and other like minded individuals, have merit. Perhaps the question that we should ask ourselves is: Do we have a 'right' to keep live animals in captivity, or is it a privilege to keep and maintain live animals in a private setting? Are living animals merely commodities to be consumed by prevailing market forces or are animals- as living entities- deserving of respect and humane treatment while in the care of their Human keepers? Sincerely, Jon Davidson . Writer's edit: slight edit for grammatical correctness.

Last edited by Jon Davidson on Sat 15 May - 22:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiekHofman
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
NiekHofman

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-12-15

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 8:28

I don´t care if the video might have been cut so he "comes out bad". I don´t know the guy but I can only tell him he might be glad that I am not able to look him up. I really hate people like him who just don´t give a damn about animals! No matter if it are reptiles. He should be locked in a room and let him die out!!!!!
Some of you might think I am over reacting but people who think animals are less then himself and let them die because they are to lazy to do anything may get a bullit in the head for all I care!.

This really pisses me off
Back to top Go down
Sascha Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sascha Müller

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-16

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May - 23:23

Just my 2 Cents to Peta
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May - 4:10

Sascha Müller wrote:
Just my 2 Cents to Peta
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
I'm no fan of PETA. They have been consistently careless with the facts and people's reputations and their media stunts and public antics are disgraceful. In my view, zealots of any kind are unappealing. PETA's media 'persona', public behaviour and often times unsubstantiated claims draws attention away from what I believe are otherwise legitimate points of concern. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May - 9:12

i am not impressed with PETA either...

could not care less for folks like them, to me, there are after donations, in order to get them, they would do anything, including lying, cover ups for their own shit and putting other peoples down, regardless by how much harm they do to someone or somethings... just like politicians..... what a wonderful world...
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May - 15:48

PETA uses the arms of politics - don't care about the facts, just create an impact. Can't blame them for that, that's the real life in our days. If You want to win against such behaviour You have to do the same. Sadly it is a matter of honour to me to be honest so I always lose against such people and I guess most scientists think similar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May - 3:31

Guys, any topic like this really makes me sick. No further comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

true or faked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: true or faked?   true or faked? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

true or faked?
Page 1 of 1