VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Oxyuranus microlepidotus

Go down 
+8
Michael Bollhorn
Wolfgang Wüster
Stefan Luksch
Nathan Dunstan
Peter Pastor
Mario Lutz
Mario Strasser
Frank Weinsheimer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Oxyuranus microlepidotus Empty
PostSubject: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 18:29

Hello!

As there had been no topic on Oxyuranus microlepidotus I will start with it. My Partner Mario Strasser and me own 1,1 Oxyuranus microlepidotus (CB ´99). Since three years Mario tried to breed them without any success (bad eggs, Incubation got wrong,...). After that he told me to try it and since one year the animals living with me. What can I say? It seems I have more luck with them, our female laid 16 good eggs two weeks ago. Any questions?

Oxyuranus microlepidotus Img_1417

Oxyuranus microlepidotus Img_1418

Best wishes

Frank

By the way: In this moment (I mean NOW, YET, ...) the taipans are mating again!!!
Back to top Go down
Mario Strasser

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 18:36

..........we hope everything is going well, and the babys see the daylight soon ! Wink

Last edited by Mario Strasser on Tue 22 Apr - 18:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.giftschlangen-freiburg.de
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 18:39

you guys reserve 1.1 for the reptileman noh?!!!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Mario Strasser

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 18:45

Nun gut Mario , ich denke wir können uns ja auch sicher einig werden in dem wir das eine oder andere mit dir tauschen ! Smile Oder was meinst du !

Beste Grüsse,

Mario
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 18:49

Hi Mario!

We take preorders, but I think it´s better to talk about on a private base. If anyone else is interested, please send an message to me.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 18:49

Wink i am sure of that mario!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeThu 29 May - 15:11

Hi Frank and Mario.

As I checked your first post, time of hatching should be here soon... Very Happy
Could you please give us some update how does eggs look like at the moment? I hope everything is ok with them... Can wait to see pictures of fresh hatched microlepidotus babies in near future...

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 0:49

Update:

As far as I could find information in literature, the incubation should take approximately 73 days, so we still have nearly three weeks to wait for the hatching. I couldn´t find any information on the incubation temperature and cicumstances, but I incubate them at 27,5-28,3°C on coarse grained Vermiculite. At present 15 eggs still look very good, one egg gone bad after 30 days of incubation. The egg above it has a little mildew spot, so maybe the bad egg has had mildew as well and died out of it (I couldn´t see, because they are stuck together in a group of 8 eggs, the other eggs are all seperated). I treat the mildew spot with imaverol every forth day and since that it doesn´t grow any more. Hopefully it stays like that! The eggs grew very well, they are huge, like big chicken eggs!
I don´t know what else to say, but if anything happens I keep you guys informed.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 2:10

Ok Frank, thanks for update... Smile

We are incubating eggs of cannies at approx. 29 degrees, and they normally hatch after 60 days. So that`s why I asked you for update now, counting it is the same with microlepidotuses... We will see, maybe hatching is closer as you expect it Wink Anyway, I keep our fingers crossed for good remaining part of incubation!

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Nathan Dunstan

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 8:39

We incubate both of our Oxyuranus here (microlepidotus & scutellatus) at approx 30degC and both take around 60 days to hatch at that temp. You can get away with temps as low as 27degC with both species but incubation times can extend to 80-85 days. I'll have to post some shots of last seasons hatchling Taipans. We have slightly banded versions of both.

Cheers
Nathan
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomsupplies.com
Mario Strasser

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun - 1:32

HI Nathan !

Do you have photos of them ?!

cheers,

Mario
Back to top Go down
Mario Strasser

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 14:50

What a nice day !!!!!!!!! The babys are hatching at this moment Very Happy bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stefan Luksch

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 14:59

Congrats to you and Frank.
Yesterday I called Frank in another matter and there was no hatching in sight.
And now it's time.

Kind of cryptic... Last year I called a friend waiting for his V.gumprechti's litter and one day after the call, the babies came...
Now the Oxyuranus...
Think I should work as an oracle Laughing

Hope I see you soon at "Casa Frank".
Back to top Go down
Mario Strasser

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jun - 16:39

Hi Stefan !

Because I ´m not longer in love with Claudia it will be difficult to see me there such often as used. But we ´ll see us for sure !

cheers,

Mario
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun - 13:53

As Mario said, two days ago was the big day.
Ladies and Gentlemen we VERY proudly present our first bred Oxyuranus microlepidotus!

Oxyuranus microlepidotus 1915_m10

Oxyuranus microlepidotus Img_1910

The hatchlings are HUGE, about 45cm (some even larger) and totally nonaggressive. I don´t know what else to say, I´m to happy at this moment.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun - 17:37

Gratuliere ganz herzlich! Ein toller Erfolg!

Gruss, Wolfgang
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun - 18:39

Amazing pictures and event, Frank and Mario!!!
Huge congratulation from Slovakia, babies looks very nice and healthy... As other eggs are "cut" already as well, I keep my fingers crossed for successful hatching of remaining babies as well... Hope gender ratio will be good as you expect...
I can understand your feeling, it`s very rare occassion for sure!!!

All the best,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun - 22:30

Great congratulations from Hamburg!

Regards, Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jun - 2:48

Thanks to all of you for the congrats. As you can imagine we are jumping around all the time ;-)
7 eggs didn´t hatch yet, as they are in a different box in the incubator near the door, where the temperature is a little bit lower than in the back. A couple of minutes ago one of them got slits, so the others should follow within a day. Fingers crossed.
As far as I could see the first hatchings should be 4,4, so hopefully it will be nearly the same with the others.
In the next days I will make some more photos of them and put them in here.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jun - 14:40

well ....

WHAT CAN I SAY?

CONGRATULATIONS Guys! thats just beautiful!
thanks for the pictures! please keep us updated!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun - 21:12

Congratulations! Well done Cool
Good luck raising the 'little' snakes.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jun - 5:51

excellent! very excellent!
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jun - 13:56

Thanks for the congrats!

Update:

The last seven Oxyuranus hatched three days ago. As the others they look very healthy. I´m very busy at the moment, but I´ll try to make some new and better photos during the week and post them in here.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeThu 4 Dec - 14:02

This has been an interesting topic, very good that someone in Europe has success breeding those. How is the feeding going with those?
If i win on the lottery, i might try to get a few Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.exotic-animals.tk
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec - 14:09

Hi Stefan,

all juveniles started feeding from the first time I offered food to them, they are really easy to raise. It´s not more difficult than keeping cornsnakes.
Please let me know when you get the lottery jackpot, I think we can arrange a deal... Very Happy

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxyuranus microlepidotus   Oxyuranus microlepidotus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oxyuranus microlepidotus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next