VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Empty
PostSubject: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 16:41

sorry, only in german:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bNfnk2EphdwJ:www.ktz.at/apa_content_detail.php%3Fdetail_id%3D78196+KTZ+Sandviper&cd=2&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=at&client=firefox-a

This article contains statements from an Austrian wildlife protection organisation and a owner of a carinthian reptile zoo, saying that carinthian long nosed vipers (formerly known as Vipera ammodytes illyrica) has almost been brought to extinction by illegal snake hunters and dealers. They further try to tell their readers that venomous keepers and hobbyists are responsible for rapidly decreasing numbers of vipers in their remaining habitats and that these vipers are sold by international wildlife trade for prices from 10000 (in words: ten thousand) Euro (!!!) up.

Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Fri 23 Jul - 23:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 17:01

Hell yeah,10000 bugs??What a price.Even if i got that money,i would never pay 10000 for a Vipera ammodytes.only my opinion....
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 19:03

To high price in any opinion but sad also because this price will lead more people to colect them in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Jan Claudius Schwitalla

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 23:14

after this article a lot of people will go and catch some vipers because they think they could get 1000 for each they collect.
Very Happy

edit: 10.000

Last edited by Jan Claudius Schwitalla on Sat 24 Jul - 2:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 2:01

What an article! I know Mrs. Happ, but this is absolutly crazy! The prices was never so high like it´s wrote there. Not in the best times the was realy ,,rare´´ammodytes Population in our Vivarians! I know some breeders of them, and sometimes the has had realy trubble to sell their offsprings each year, and the prices was not over 100€ /each one. And the statement, that the ,,Schütt´´ ammodytes are so unique is also shit. Yes, for Austria maby, but not for all. Shure the looks a little bit differend to other ,,withe-gray´´ ammodytes Populations, but not real diffend to some from N-Italy or Some Parts of Slovenia as well. And corect me if I´m wrong, a lot of other Locations in Former Yugoslavia also...
Years ago, the ..most wanted´´ ammodytes was the V.a.ammodytes from around Bolzano N-Italy - South Tyrol), also a pale-gray Population and then the ,,Lake Scutari´ones. But I´ve never heard from a ammodytes that get´s a real higher rices than 300€ and this was for a crazy red or yello one, and only for CB annimals. Never for the gray. This article is in my opinion a typical PR Article! Now we have Holliday time, and a lot of People will visit Austria. Maby some of them will read this and come now to visit the Zoo!

But I will state also for that what J.C. Schwitalla has post: Maby now some people wil read this article and go now for a hunt of them. Maby the officials will catch one of this stupid men. And then, the has there evidence for a ,,illigal ammodytes trade´´ What a shit!
I don´t hope it, but when the right one read 10.000 € each, and then the say also exactly where the have to search.... Good work Mrs. Happ. Now all knows very well where the have to search for them.

The ,,Schütt´is not the 2nd Milos Island! People that works with Vipera s.l. long time, knows what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul - 6:34

Thanks for your statement, Peter. I agree and cannot understand that someone does victimize things like real protection of these magnificient vipers just for poor public relations purposes.
Both of the cited experts are members of a assiciation called "Verein für die Rettung der Kärntner Sandviper" ( Association for the rescue of the carinthian long nosed viper) and all that's left for me at this moment is the question if that's the right way to protect them from complete extinction or not.....

Helpless greetings
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.   outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

outstanding prices for Vipera ammodytes ssp.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: News-
Jump to: