VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hello from Belgium

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Bobbaers

Rob Bobbaers

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr - 16:20

Hello everybody,

My name is Rob Bobbaers from Belgium.

My interest goes mainly to Elapids, scorpions and sharks (especially blue – and tiger sharks). In first place, as a hobby I keep lots of scorpions and some snakes. My biggest love in the wide diversity of snake species are Naja samarensis and Azemiops feae. Well I’m an atheist, but if there was a God named "samarensis" I would have been a religious person. The only words which I could say about samarensis could only be found in love-novels, I think.

Because of my strong affinity with , particularly, venomous producing animals, I started studying biology in 2004. At the moment I’m doing a Master of Science occupation in Cell- and Systemsbiology and I do research about the Hepatitis C Virus entry at the Johnson & Johnson company.
Later on I want to do research in the reduction of cancer growth or nervous disorders by making use of knowledge from the physiology of reptiles and/or invertebrates and/or sharks. In other words, I think these creatures hide lots of secrets which could be used in cancer oppression or better knowledge of nervous disorders in human beings. One of these studies could be by studying the venom produced by animals. The neurotoxic fragments in elapid’s venom for example could be an interesting domain to study for better understanding of human diseases, nervous disorders. There are some animals which never produce cancer cells or animals which produce a very large variety of natural antibiotics (crocodiles). I’m interested into the physiological mechanisms behind these things.

So shortly said, I’m not only interested into the natural beauty of reptiles, especially Naja samarensis of coarse, but mainly into the physiological secrets they’ll hide for us.

My other hobbies are running marathons and triathlons at amateur level.

Kind regards Rob

PS. I hope I can get the opportunity to hold a Naja samarensis this year. So people who wants to give me the chance to do that are free to contact me and I would really appreciate that.

Robtile@gmail.com
Rob.bobbaers@student.ua.ac.be

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr - 16:24

Hi Rob,

welcome over the forum!
According to Naja samarensis, I think you know already how to put hands on some... Wink

Best regards,
Peter P.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr - 17:39

welcome Rob!

nice having you here... i wish you the best, and hope we will have somethings to talk about in the Venom corner at this board...

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Johan De Smedt

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitimeTue 5 Aug - 23:56

Hi,

nice to see another Belgian here.

Best regards,
Johan De Smedt
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperidae.de
Sponsored content

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Belgium
Page 1 of 1