VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Look what I just discovered...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Look what I just discovered... Empty
PostSubject: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep - 6:22

My female Naja atra had a bad shed. She totally shed her skin except the top of her head and a stripe on her hood. Because I don't want to leave any eyecaps on her I tubed her and started shedding her with a forceps. When I was halfway I just noticed something at the downside of her head. This was something I only knew of jamesons mambas and I thought some taipans also having that sometimes...

0.1 Naja atra:

Look what I just discovered... IMG_0949

Look what I just discovered... IMG_0951

I found this discovery for myself pretty interesting so I wanted to take some pictures of this fang marks for you guys. Have you seen this before on cobras? Or maybe other venomous snakes?
Back to top Go down
Jamie Osburn
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep - 10:14

My forest cobras have dark spots in the same exact places. I don't think it's worn through like that, but I haven't checked in a while. -Jamie
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep - 12:34

Hi Stefan
I have seen this on many cobras including all the big King Cobras I have had as well as Forest Cobras and Snouted Cobras. Very interesting!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep - 14:09

Who can explain this to a beginner? Bit she through from inside? Or was this a bite from a mate?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep - 16:26

It can't be from the male because she always had an enclosure for herself. So it has to be from the inside... Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Haigh
Richard Haigh

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitimeTue 5 Oct - 23:32

Hi, yes seen this before its fairly common in Kaouthia its just that it only tends to stand out on the albinos, cobras bite much harder than vipers, the power in the jaw is incredible, because we feed mainly defrosted rodents they don't have the resistance of fresh animals (a bit like the difference between fresh strawberries and defrosted ones) so when the cobras bite down on the food the fangs just go straight through and out through the chin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I just discovered...   Look what I just discovered... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what I just discovered...
Page 1 of 1