VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)

Go down 
+6
Marthinus C. Harmse
Patrick Vince
Caroline Strom
Richard Mastenbroek
Fabian Dirks
Louis Jacobsz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Empty
PostSubject: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct - 4:08

Hi guy's...I got these amazing snakes about a month ago and thought I'd post some pics of them... Very Happy
I hope you guy's njoy them and any extra info would be great...
Female:
Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_1552_%28600_x_400%29

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_1544_%28600_x_400%29

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_1551_%28600_x_400%29

Male:
Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_1558_%28600_x_400%29

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_1559_%28400_x_600%29

p.s I know that their venom is thought/known to be stronger than Boiga...Have anyone seen or experienced a bite from these ? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.ljafricancaptivebreds.co.za
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct - 4:24

The venom is quite similar to other Boiga´s
It is a postsynaptic neurotoxin with anticholesterase

Like other well sized Boiga´s they are able to give a severe bite , but not fatalities have been recorded ( in history some times expected )

But before ! Well done and nice snakes
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct - 4:29

really nice pictures
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct - 4:38

Thanks guy's !
Thanks for the extra info Fabian...It's not easy to find usefull info on the web... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caroline Strom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Caroline Strom

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 21:42

My favorite of the catsnakes, i just love working with them! =) Really cool snakes. Nice pictures. Good luck!

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct - 6:44

Thanks Caroline...How does your cage setup look ?And how often and on what are yours feeding ?
Thanks for the responce in advance...
Regards
Louis.
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 4:43

A feeding pic for you guy's...Hope you njoy... Very Happy
Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_158_%28600_x_400%29

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Picture_159_%28600_x_400%29
Back to top Go down
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 17:42

Very nice snake. Does it take mice too ?
R
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 19:20

Stunning bird and snakes. :T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 19:48

Nice picutres!

These were for sale at Houten, very very tempted but they had never fed & I didn't want to risk the long journey combined with the reasonably high cost.
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 19:53

Haha...Thanks guy's...

@Patrick...I was told that these were taking them but no luck yet...

@MC...My mom LOVED those little zebra finches haha... tongue

@Thanks Owen...
They do stress easily so I think you made the correct choice...
How much do they go for if I may ask ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 20:03

Indeed, if they were a bit older and had even just a few feeds it might have been a diffrent choice because they were stunning, but it was too risky for me, I already have awkward Boiga so was reluctant to get more!

The price was 250 for a pair, but it went down after some hagling, however my offer of 150 for a pair (which I would have paid) was turned down flat. 100 for a single male.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Strom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Caroline Strom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 9:00

Hi there!

Their cage is high and broad and quite dry accully... i use a fogger once or twice a week and spray water every day and they thrive. I feed them mice and chicken, pre-killed and they eat with GRATE apatite Very Happy When i first got them a few years ago i hand feed them for just a few months then both started eating on their own =) What about yours? How do you keep them?

Nice Snakes, Poor Zebras Wink

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 19:56

Thanks for the reply...

I keep mine in a large cage(high aswell) with lots of branches for climbing and a hide with moist tissue paper or spagnum moss in.I also have a large water bowl on a heat pad to up the humidity...

Have you tried to breed these yet ?
p.s any clue on then their natural breeding season is ?
Back to top Go down
Caroline Strom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Caroline Strom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov - 23:02

Hi again Smile

My male is really small and have not grown in forever so i dont expect i will be breeding blandingii any time soon, although i have breed some african species and they always copule during moist and rainy seson, at least in my collection. I make this happen a little as i please using fogger and moor heavy spray, but the male and female usully shows signs thet they are ready during spring and early summer. At least where i live!

I always keep male and female seprated for a few weeks and then introduce the male in the females cage. He usully starts chasing her right away, but those snakes ware active during the day.. i dont recon breeding blandingii is that different but blandingii is however quite shy and nocturnal so logic says they will copule during night..! Do you keep the pair separated?

If you succeed ( i truely hope you do) i really want to buy a pair from you if you choose to sell some of the young =)

Good Luck in the future Very Happy

Caroline
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov - 1:03

Thanks for the reply C...
A friend told me that he does the same with his Boiga sp to get them breeding so you are spot on...
I do not keep them separately at the moment but I will separate them before I try to breed them...(will try just before the cold season and then again in spring)... Very Happy
If I do succeed I will def. let you know...

Regards
Louis.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Strom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Caroline Strom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec - 5:59

Longing to hear from you then Very Happy
Pre-Thanks is in order!

Good Luck to you and your snakes!
Upload moor phothos as you go along pleace!
Im verry intrested in fallowing your success!

Best Regards Caroline
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb - 3:13

After a very exciting period where I saw what I believed to be mating behaviour during spring (didn't want to spook them), it seemed the one male did the job. On the first of December 2011 the one female dropped 6 eggs just as I was ready to head out on a herping trip haha... Very Happy

BUT...The female that dropped died quite some time after (month) from a unexplained lung infection. Crying or Very sad

After returning from the trip 4 eggs had gone bad and I chucked them out. The last two looked good up until a week or so ago but sadly went off as well ! Crying or Very sad

Here's a pic or of the last two eggs that remained and went off...p.s I did wash them off to get rid of the fungus for the photos:

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blanding_off_eggs_002_28512_x_76829

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blanding_off_eggs_004_28768_x_51229

Although things went horribly wrong this season there is still next season and the remaining breeders are looking well set to give it another go !

Always happy to see me !

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blanding_girl_008_28768_x_51229

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blanding_girl_002_28768_x_51229

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blanding_girl_009_28768_x_51229

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blanding_girl_011_28512_x_76829

Thanks for looking guys...

Regards
Louis.
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb - 15:39

Hey Louis I’m very sorry to hear about your loss and the eggs. The remaining breeders you have look very good so I’m holding thumbs that you will have a better season this year. Good luck bud.
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec - 4:15

Michael, it seems your kind words came true !

Here's my one female with a perfect clutch on 2012/12/01 ! I'm just holding thumbs that incubation goes well this time around. Very Happy

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Blandings_tree_snake_28768_x_57429

Regards
Louis.

Back to top Go down
Johannes Marchand
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johannes Marchand

Male
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec - 7:46

Congratulations !
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 7 Dec - 6:55

very very nice man, and a big congratulations man, really wish you the bes of luck with them hope you have a succesful breeding and donpt lose any other animals.
by the way do you have more pics of them and the cages ??

again best of luck with them
keep updating regards
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeSat 8 Dec - 7:18

Thanks a lot guys ! I really appreciate it !

Gustav, I will take and post some new pictures for you guys as soon as I get a chance ! Very Happy

Regards
Louis.
Back to top Go down
Joost Nederlof

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar - 23:05

hi louis,

what cage sizes do you use for single animals? thay are looking great! and congrats on de breeding result!
Back to top Go down
http://jn-snakes.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)   Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toxicodryas blandingii (Blandings Tree snakes)
Page 1 of 1