VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Irregularis question for Mario

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mardy McManus

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Irregularis question for Mario Empty
PostSubject: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct - 23:07

Good day Mario,

I was wondering about Irregularis here in the Philippines? From what I have been reading it's still not found here. I was given a large adult about 9 months ago that was found in south Luzon.
Sorry I do not have better information about where it was caught.

I will post up some pictures this weekend.

Thank you,

Mardy
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeSat 2 Oct - 3:07

Interesting. Sure it is B. irregularis?

Boiga angulata
Boiga philippina
Boiga cynodon
and of course
Boiga dendrophila ssp.

are found at Luzon.

It would be bad to have them there, but there is the chance to kill them with poisoned rodent, like at Guam Evil or Very Mad

Please keep us updated and pictures would be great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
ChrisLagewaard

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeSat 2 Oct - 22:15

Mardy McManus wrote:

Good day Mario,

I was wondering about Irregularis here in the Philippines? From what I have been reading it's still not found here. I was given a large adult about 9 months ago that was found in south Luzon.
Sorry I do not have better information about where it was caught.

I will post up some pictures this weekend.

Thank you,

Mardy

I would like to see some photos of that animal!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Mardy McManus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeTue 5 Oct - 22:26

Here are the pictures,

He has gone a bit dark as going into shed. It is hard to see the tiger markings down the neck area in the picture.

Let me know what you think? I am still unsure, patternless angulata?

Bugger had to rub his nose while getting a soak.

Mardy
Irregularis question for Mario 65333_485043135419_698020419_7354092_4230311_n
Irregularis question for Mario 36162_485043150419_698020419_7354093_3200273_n
Irregularis question for Mario 65472_485043120419_698020419_7354091_6164691_n
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeWed 6 Oct - 2:41

Hm. Does not look like a B.irregualris, if I have a look at scales.
Maybe something from B.drapiezii Komplex (angulata ,philippina .. )
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
ChrisLagewaard

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeWed 6 Oct - 3:53

Fabian Dirks wrote:
Hm. Does not look like a B.irregualris, if I have a look at scales.
Maybe something from B.drapiezii Komplex (angulata ,philippina .. )

That's what I thought...
The head is another shape than the head of an irregularis.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Mardy McManus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeWed 6 Oct - 5:34

It is hard to say for me too,

I have had/seen philippina before and they are a bit different in the head shape.
It does seem closer to angulata but lacking the markings.

Does anybody have the scale counts for angulata and i'll check.

Thanks for the input guys,

Mardy
Back to top Go down
Mardy McManus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitimeWed 6 Oct - 5:38

I really should have taken pictures of this snake last Dec. when i got it. Almost dead with infected wounds and 3 layers of shed almost glued onto it.

It has really come around, first eating chicks and now onto mice. I would say he/she /it is about 2m.

Mardy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Irregularis question for Mario   Irregularis question for Mario Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Irregularis question for Mario
Page 1 of 1