VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus

Go down 
+4
Bostjan Kraner
Michael Jonasson
Stephane Mathieu
anthony lineberry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Empty
PostSubject: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct - 17:16

Just got these guys today from a friend. Newborn CBB Crotalus cerastes. I'm unsure of the subspecies though. I have heard that the laterorepens have a brown base segment while the other two subspecies have black base segments. So based on that, I'd guess he is a laterorepens. Although I've heard that isn't actually a good way to differentiate them. Anyway, took a couple pics of him tonight after I got him home. He is a TINY little bugger.

The other is a newborn Crotalus oreganus. The mother was at a rescue here in the area and was gravid when brought in, so the babies themselves are captive born. Most all of them seemed to have this striping on their necks almost like a Crotalus durissus. A friend of mine also acquired one of these babies, and his had the best striping I've seen of the group. I wish I had some pictures of it. Very beautiful little snakes!

Crotalus cerastes
Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5066627487_955f0ddcfe_b

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5066627161_7c4cb0cfe3_b

Crotalus oreganus (he's about to shed, so not looking his best)
Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5067310622_0d2de8d63f_b

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5067310236_426e8e39da_b

Back to top Go down
Stephane Mathieu
Stephane Mathieu

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct - 17:38

I love particulary the fourth picture, this a beautiful rattler. Good job Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ophidien.over-blog.com
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct - 21:09

Yeah that Oreganus is gonna be a stunner when he grows up for sure.
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct - 11:43

Thank you! I was really excited to have received him. He just shed this morning and looks spectacular. I need to get some shots of him post shed now.
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct - 14:40

Please do that, Love to see more of him. The striping on his tail also looks so nice.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct - 4:33

Second Oreganus looks really owesome. You are very lucky. Good luck with them.

Regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Greg Spencer
Greg Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 11:16

Love that c. oreganus!! Did that come by way of Joe?
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan - 14:08

Came from Al Wolf at Sonoma County Reptile Rescue. Forgot to post these, but here were some pictures I took shortly after his first shed. He's shed again since then and now has his first loose rattle segment. Cute little guy!

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5115224124_5d3215ba65_z

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5115225718_1d7f101738_z

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus 5114613589_13d716d372_z
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan - 16:09

He´s great, he has such a cool little facemask. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan - 19:03

WOW! interesting to see what it will turn out as an adult. Cutie!
Back to top Go down
Greg Spencer
Greg Spencer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 8:56

This Oreganus is a total screamer! What is the locality of this fine specimen?
Back to top Go down
Chaim Haveman
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Chaim Haveman

Male
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 0:22

realy nice!!!
lucky you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greg Spencer
Greg Spencer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 11:19

Is the cerastes eating ok for you? I do not have any of these as of yet, but I always hear stories of them being difficult starters. And I know you mentioned the oreganus is from a wc rescued dam, just curious if you happen to know the locality data on it? Would be very cool to be able to breed them together (yours and your friends, assuming...) to produce some striped oreganus with locality data.... doesn't get much better than that!
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 15:03

The oreganus are beautiful, but the little sidewinders are impressive... Very Happy Do they eat well?
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 3:16

The oreganus I assume came from Sonoma county.

As for the cerastes, he has yet to eat a meal on his own =/ He has a messed up tongue and cant flick it out for whatever reason, so that may have something to do with it. I've been assist feeding him and he seems to be growing/healthy. Got him at 4grams, currently weighs in at 15grams. He just shed for the first time this last weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus   Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newborn Crotalus cerastes; partially striped newborn Crotalus oreganus
Page 1 of 1