VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Echis coloratus question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

Echis coloratus question Empty
PostSubject: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 17:25

Hey Guys,

i got a question:Should i put a waterbowl only for a few hours or permanent in my 1.1 Echis coloratus enclosure?There are different opinions?Hope you guys can help me.

Best regards
Sascha
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 17:43

Hi.
They are often observed near Wadis (Arabian riverbeds) waiting for prey in ambush mode so a waterbowel should be ok but allow for ample ventilation to avoid a humidity increase.
Low humidity with a smallish water bowl is what you need.

Burton's are my favourite species in the genus.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 17:48

Thank you Marthinus
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 17:59

Pleasure.

They prefer lodging themselves on rocks around these Wadis if memory serves me right.
See the link below for an interesting read
http://www.jstor.org/pss/3893567

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 18:07

Thanx,thats interesting!!
Back to top Go down
Sascha Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sascha Müller

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 18:32

Sascha since when you have Echis?!
Shame on you that you dont put pics up here!!Smile
Pleaaaseee do it.
Where do you get them from and how old are their?

Best regards

Sascha
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 18:47

send you a pm.allright,allright i have do take a few shots.
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 19:00

This is the 0.1 cb 09
Echis coloratus question Getatt11
Sorry for the bad picture!!!
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 19:23

I like the pic. It feels like we are a bunch of boys standing around a bucket while having peek at a naughty snake. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 20:07

Thank you,yes it seems so Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy
so you better take a look in the bucked before cleaning the floor..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 20:40

Does anybody keep E.coloratus too?
Back to top Go down
Sascha Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sascha Müller

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 22:00

I had them before but unfortunately my girl died from an bite from the boy and i sold the boy.
i had keep them very dry in an stony enclosure with many hide spots and a heat rock which is warm a several hours after i turn the lights of. They like it to lay there after i turn the lights off.
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 22:46

What kind of plants? or none?I´ve got a few in there.send you some pictures maybe this evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Echis coloratus question   Echis coloratus question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echis coloratus question
Page 1 of 1