VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Cobras escaped again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Cobras escaped again Empty
PostSubject: Cobras escaped again   Cobras escaped again Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct - 16:40

And we thought to have had a serious problem in Germany with just one of that critters ...

Cobra egg plan leads to bedlam
Tom Lasseter - September 25, 2010

XIANLING VILLAGE, China: Cai Yong thought it would be a good idea to buy 3000 cobra eggs and then hatch the snakes at an abandoned school building in homemade cages of plywood, brick and netting.

The local businessman's plan to make money by selling cobra venom for traditional medicine fell apart when more than 160 of the serpents slithered through a hole in the wall and created bedlam in remote Xianling.

Starting at the beginning of this month, cobras were spotted in outhouse toilets, kitchens, front yards and the mah-jong parlour in the tiny farming village in Qijiang county in Chongqing municipality, south-western China.
Advertisement: Story continues below

''I saw one in the bathroom,'' said Zhang Suli, 47, the wife of a corn and rice farmer. ''I was scared, and I started screaming.''

The Mid-Autumn Festival holiday this week, when Chinese celebrate the season's harvest moon, has not been an auspicious one for the people of Xianling.

First, there was the cobras-gone-wild story, which veered between slapstick and terror. Then an apparent government clampdown followed, in which officials declared that most of the snakes had been captured and all was well, assertions that many locals did not believe.

Guan Xinyu said local officials were more interested in damping down any sign of trouble than in rounding up the snakes. Like several others interviewed in the area, Mr Guan said that while the 1500-plus cobras that did not escape had been taken away, he had not seen anyone trying to catch the ones that got away.

''The government is scared of people panicking because these snakes are dangerous,'' he said.

''I know they didn't catch all the snakes.''

Officials recently delivered snakebite serum to the village - though only the breeder has been hurt so far - and have given lectures about cobras.

The government of the nearest town, Shijiao, issued a notice last week detailing how the snakes got loose and declaring almost all of them had been caught.

Which left Wei Yuanxiang, 56, with one pressing question: ''The government says there aren't any cobras left, so why are people still seeing them?

''The government just wants to get this matter finished,'' he said.

Mr Wei's neighbour, Luo Lizhong, said he saw a cobra last Saturday, several days after the village was given the all-clear. Pointing at a spade leaning against the wall - everyone in the area seems to have one at the ready these days - Mr Luo said he slapped it on the ground when he spotted the snake darting across his tool shed.

The episode is a reminder that no problem or locale is too remote for the Communist Party's efforts to enforce its notion of a ''harmonious society'' in which there is no social upset. Even when it comes to cobras in the bathroom.

Well done
Rolling Eyes

Peter
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Cobras escaped again   Cobras escaped again Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct - 22:05

I guess those Najas are one of the least severe problems in China Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Cobras escaped again   Cobras escaped again Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct - 22:23

Yes ,
that i can agree Wink
But anyway...that was not really clever ... bom
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de

PostSubject: Re: Cobras escaped again   Cobras escaped again Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct - 22:52

Cai Yong thought it would be a good idea to buy 3000 cobra eggs and then hatch the snakes at an abandoned school building in homemade cages of plywood, brick and netting.

This made me laugh. Started it off like a childrens bedtime story!

I also like the closing statement. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
TJ Giles
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
TJ Giles

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Cobras escaped again   Cobras escaped again Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct - 2:35

Free cobras for everyone...haha
I don't think that you could be any more irresponsable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobras escaped again   Cobras escaped again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobras escaped again
Page 1 of 1