VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Vipera palaestinae....

Go down 
+7
Daniel Claesson
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Pascal Kamp
Brian Petrie
Marthinus C. Harmse
Joni hottinen
jean-henri pastore
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Vipera palaestinae.... Empty
PostSubject: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov - 5:08

Hope you like it......

one of my adult male...:
Vipera palaestinae.... Majvenimeuxbis045

Back to top Go down
Joni hottinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joni hottinen

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov - 15:29

you have gathered quite nice collection Mr. Pastore!
please post more photos of your animals Smile
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov - 22:01

Joni hottinen wrote:
you have gathered quite nice collection Mr. Pastore!
please post more photos of your animals Smile

Yes.... Embarassed After that i had all my autorisations, i began to pickup all the snakes who where dispatch in some several friends...... Very Happy
Now, they are here, in my home !!!! Very Happy
I post the pics progressively........ Laughing
And thanks for your comment !
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov - 22:39

Fantastic species! One of favourites. If you ever breed them then please keep me in mind. Marthinus.
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Nov - 2:26

Marthinus C. Harmse wrote:
Fantastic species! One of favourites. If you ever breed them then please keep me in mind. Marthinus.

Next year !! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 3:47

Fantastic snake Jean-henri, I have just bought a pair of babies from Hamm, they are superb animals. They are now in the genus Daboia.
Take care,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 4:45

Great animal ! Cool Definitely a Vipera species I have to get once...
I remember the palaestinae's from Hamm. There were striped individuals as well, I thought ?

Do you have a full-body shot Jean ? The front part looks very orange... Cool
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 17:16

Brian Petrie wrote:
Fantastic snake Jean-henri, I have just bought a pair of babies from Hamm, they are superb animals. They are now in the genus Daboia.
Take care,
Brian.

Sorry but until today, there are not classed in Daboia but in Vipera Genus.......
It's definitively Vipera Palaestinae.... Wink

Ok Pascal as soon as possible, i will take a complete pic, of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 17:50

jean-henri pastore wrote:
Sorry but until today, there are not classed in Daboia but in Vipera Genus.......

Yes, Jean, you're right, so far. But as their so called next relative, Vipera xanthina, recently was put into Montivipera, I'm sure also the Palaestine Viper will not be in Vipera til the end of time ...

Best regards

Peter
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 18:08

Peter Schulze Niehoff wrote:

Yes, Jean, you're right, so far. But as their so called next relative, Vipera xanthina, recently was put into Montivipera, I'm sure also the Palaestine Viper will not be in Vipera til the end of time ...

Best regards

Peter

I'm also agree with you Peter,
Palestine viper will be reclassed sometimes in future.....
Just for the moment she still in Vipera genus.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 18:51

Isn't Palaestine Viper in the Genus Daboia know ? or has that changed recently ?

In Tony Phelps' "Old World Vipers" the are in Genus Daboia at least.

Please do correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 19:41

Daniel Claesson wrote:
Isn't Palaestine Viper in the Genus Daboia know ? or has that changed recently ?

Regards
Daniel

No problem Daniel.
For the moment, it's Vipera Palaestinae, but some people like Tony Phelps or some "old" people continu to class this species like Daboia.
But the texts of laws say: Vipera Palaestinae.
So, Vipera Palaestinae is the right term at this time.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov - 20:47

Daniel Claesson wrote:

Regards
Daniel

No problem Daniel.
For the moment, it's Vipera Palaestinae, but some people like Tony Phelps or some "old" people continu to class this species like Daboia.
So, Vipera Palaestinae is the right term at this time.

Thanx !

I will update my signs on the terrarium :-)

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov - 5:04

Hi Jean-henri,
It is only in the old litreture that I can find it termed Vipera, in all my new references it is classed as Daboia, do you know of recent work that re-classifies them as Vipera?
All the best,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov - 5:23

I'm not really into taxonomy, but I think this species started of as Vipera, in the 80's and 90 's (?) switched to Daboia and now the current status is Vipera again...
Someone please correct me If I'm wrong. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov - 7:04

Pascal Kamp wrote:
I'm not really into taxonomy, but I think this species started of as Vipera, in the 80's and 90 's (?) switched to Daboia and now the current status is Vipera again...
Someone please correct me If I'm wrong. Rolling Eyes

Now, you are right Pascal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alexandru Strugariu
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexandru Strugariu

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov - 9:14

Very beautiful snake ! Do you have a nice female for him and are you planning to breed them ?

Quote :
So, Vipera Palaestinae is the right term at this time

Recent and slightly less recent molecular data (I'm not familiar with any morphological studies but there probably are some) have shown that "Vipera palaestinae" as well as "Macrovipera mauritanica" and "Macrovipera deserti" are sister taxa to Daboia russelii and D. siamensis and, as such, should be included in the genus Daboia. Thus, Daboia palaestinae would be the correct classification, at least according to currently available evidence. Just because the name "Vipera palaestinae" is written in a local law text does not mean it is a scientifically correct classification Smile

Here is a link to the most recent paper of which I am aware in which the position of palaestinae is discussed:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/Publications/2008_Vipers_MPE.pdf
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov - 21:41

Alexandru Strugariu wrote:
Very beautiful snake ! Do you have a nice female for him and are you planning to breed them ?

Quote :
So, Vipera Palaestinae is the right term at this time

Recent and slightly less recent molecular data (I'm not familiar with any morphological studies but there probably are some) have shown that "Vipera palaestinae" as well as "Macrovipera mauritanica" and "Macrovipera deserti" are sister taxa to Daboia russelii and D. siamensis and, as such, should be included in the genus Daboia. Thus, Daboia palaestinae would be the correct classification, at least according to currently available evidence. Just because the name "Vipera palaestinae" is written in a local law text does not mean it is a scientifically correct classification Smile

Here is a link to the most recent paper of which I am aware in which the position of palaestinae is discussed:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/Publications/2008_Vipers_MPE.pdf

I know this paper Alexandru, most of things are very interesting, and it's not wrong to class Palaestinae in Macrovipera Subgenus !!!
And yes, I have 2.1 breeding trio .
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov - 2:43

Pascal Kamp wrote:
Great animal ! Cool Definitely a Vipera species I have to get once...
I remember the palaestinae's from Hamm. There were striped individuals as well, I thought ?

Do you have a full-body shot Jean ? The front part looks very orange... Cool

hope it will be ok.....:

Vipera palaestinae.... Terraammobetes005

Back to top Go down
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov - 7:17

Like I said: I'm not into taxonomy... When it comes to molecular data and DNA, you've beaten me. Neutral
@Jean: more then ok ! Start breeding them now... Wink Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov - 17:09

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm going to pass them in 12 degres next week while 3 months, and hop !! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov - 6:02

Hi Alexandru,
Thanks for posting that paper, that is the one I took my information from.
Cheers,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 1:28

Palaestinae are mated yesterday evening.........But i can't do some pics..... Very Happy
So, i have to wait....
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 1:49

Fingercrossing for your succes Jean-Henry! I´ve never breed this species. My ones mate and lay eggs several times... But without anny good result. Hope you get it!
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 2:04

We will see Peter......i finger cross also.... Wink
You remember when the female lay eggs after mating?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vipera palaestinae....   Vipera palaestinae.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vipera palaestinae....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next