VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Mountain Kings!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 22:25

Beside my interrest in all that venomous stuff, I do have a passion for harmless, but beautyful kingsnakes, especially California Mountain Kings.
I'm keeping 3 different subspecies at this time:
Lampropeltis zonata pulchra, San Diego Mountain Kingsnake, breeding of 2nd generation right now
Lampropeltis zonata parvirubra, San Bernadino Mountain Kingsnake, breeding first time right now
Lampropeltis zonata agalma, San Pedro Mountain Kingsnake, juveniles, captive bred in Germany.
and (pretty soon Very Happy ) Lampropeltis zonata multicincta, Sierra Mountain Kingsnake
some pictures:
Lampropeltis z. pulchra, adult male
Mountain Kings! Pulchr10
Lampropeltis z. parvirubra, gravid female, just started its pre-lay shed.
Mountain Kings! Parvgr10
Lampropeltis z. agalma, juvenile 07
Mountain Kings! Agalma10

I just love them, even they've been told to eat small Rattlesnakes sometimes. Mad

Hope you enjoy it.
Greetings from Austria
Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Tue 6 May - 23:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Christian Chudoba

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 22:55

Awesome snakes Peter!

I also have a weakness for Lampropeltis. Indeed for the Chihuahua/Tarahumara Mountain Kings.

Here´s a pic of my L.p.knoblochi´s... its not so easy to make a good picture of them in that terrarium.

Mountain Kings! Knoblochi_becken03
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 23:02

Hi Christian
I used to keep pyromelana as well, but gave it away recently, because I was afraid of the "zonata virus", carried sometimes
by pyro's. Pyromelana's living well with it, but its's absolutely lethal in zonata's.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 23:21

ups... more infos at the snakehospital please peter, i have some pyros here from you... so keep talking my friend

mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Christian Chudoba

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 23:29

Yeah, never heard about that problem. Please tell us more
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 23:31

Stay cool, man, no problem with your pyro's. Little is known about this virus (if it's a virus at all), and as far as I know, there has not been any case
in Europe recently. I just wanted to be on a very safe side, due to my increasing zonata collection.
I'll try to post some Links in the snake hospital.
Peter
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeSat 24 May - 20:13

Update:
6 eggs heve been laid by my L. zonata pulchra F1 female yesterday, quite a good clutch the first time.
I' waiting for more eggs from the F0 pulchra and the parvirubra female, both of'em exploring the wet box right now.
Peter
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 17:53

Ahhh those beauties!
I'm still on my way to get my wife to the point of acceptance to buy one or two milksnakes ... there would be place enough in our house and my passion for snakes is definitely rising and rising ...
Last weekend I raised a "test balloon" and told her that I'd bought one when she came home. The reaction was not that embarrassed as I thought it would be and I look forward to someday be able to get a snake without an immediate divorce threat *LOL*
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 18:13

lol

i am in the philippines today Günter...
my wife said me, or your snakes (but i have to say i had them already! even before i know here!) well, i am going to miss you was my little reaction..

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 18:16

*LOL*

I'm not that far right now - as long as she is nice and friendly to me ;-D

I guess she knows, she won't be able to avoid a snake ... she can just win a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 19:45

Hello Guenter
I hope You'll bring your wife with you in summer, we could work together desensitizing her to snake-fear or antipathy.
Works very well with juvenile tri-colored Kingsnakes.
By the way, the female Lampropeltis zonata parvirubra delivered a clutch of 5 fine eggs, the F1 pulchra surprised me with a giant clutch of 10 eggs.
If everything goes well, there should enough of'em beeing available in late summer, Guenter.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeFri 30 May - 20:16

Oh wow, Peter ... this could work ;-)
And if it would - I'll definitely take Your offer.
Sure I will take her with me ... we are 14 days in Feld am See, so there is plenty of time ;-)
Cheers,
Guenter
Back to top Go down
Manuel Denner
Manuel Denner

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct - 0:07

Wow awesome Lampropelts ssp. =) ... I have also a Lampropeltis, it's a sinaloae
these guys are realy nice speciments and easy to keep.

@Christian: Nice enclosure and nice animals as well =)

best regards

Manuel

Last edited by Manuel Denner on Mon 27 Oct - 0:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct - 15:48

Lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae inhabits the coastal plains and foothills of Sonora, Chihuahua and Nayarit, it's not a montaneous species and not a member of the Mountain King group which includes zonata and pyromelana, but a Milksnake.

Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
Manuel Denner
Manuel Denner

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct - 0:48

Oh ... sorry ... my english is not the best so I just took this synonym. Now I try to make no more faults

Thanks for correcting
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct - 1:59

No problem, Daniel, we all are making faults. I did my last one here today forgetting the most important mexican state in explaning the range of triangulum sinaloae: of course it can be found in Sinaloa too, somehow the most important state, which has motivated the author to it's subspecific name.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mountain Kings! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Kings!   Mountain Kings! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mountain Kings!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Off Topic :: your others-