VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilian van Dijk

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Empty
PostSubject: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec - 21:54

Masticophis flagellum
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-JCAK8LNN
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-36HDGYNQ
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-RQOKHNHG

Rhamphiophis rostratus
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-ZNMJ64WH
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-FOZMHG6U

Psammophis orientalis
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-CQ6AMPZH

Psammophis sibilans (Captive bred and still in my collection)
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-6QNONJIM

Ahaetulla prasina
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-V4CYUFS8

Oligodon formosanus
Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Foto-CGIMTIZ4

Kind regards

Gilian

Last edited by Gilian van Dijk on Tue 4 Jan - 4:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec - 22:44

A nice collection Gilian,
how long did you keeped the Oligodon? Did you ever breed anny of this Genus?

regards
Back to top Go down
Gilian van Dijk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec - 0:13

Peter van Issem wrote:
A nice collection Gilian,
how long did you keeped the Oligodon? Did you ever breed anny of this Genus?

regards

Hi,

I didn't keep the Oligodon for a long time. It was for less than a year. I had a captive bred couple (bred by a Dutch guy). I bought them when they were allready 2 years old. Mine were eating (drinking) egg from a bowl. Other specimens from the same clutch were learned to eat mice. I did not try to feed them rodents because they were doing fine on eggs. I did not breed them and I didn't even try. Unfortunately they were burried all the time and very shy when they were finally visible.

Kind regards

Gilian
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec - 1:23

Hi Gilian,
thanks for the info. I keep and breed this Genus. I like them. And yes you are right, the are shy and like to burrow. But, when the eat mices, the change a little bit there bevaviour. The come out all the time and have hunger.
Back to top Go down
Gilian van Dijk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 3:33

Peter van Issem wrote:
Hi Gilian,
thanks for the info. I keep and breed this Genus. I like them. And yes you are right, the are shy and like to burrow. But, when the eat mices, the change a little bit there bevaviour. The come out all the time and have hunger.

Hi Peter,

Which species do you keep? The breeder of my animals was selling some Oligodon species a while ago. I can ask him if he still has any available if you are interested.

Do you only feed them rodents? If they are more hungry when fed rodents, wouldn't it be better to feed them with eggs?
Feel free to post some pictures of your animals and enclosures.

Kind regards

Gilian
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 1:28

Hi Gilian,
very nice when you can aske for some aditional Oligodon spec. if the breeder of your still have some for left. When there are some, please send me a PM. Pers. I´ll keep actually O. taeniolatus, O. purpurascens and O. fasciolatus.
I don´t have anny pic´s yet. Sorry.
I prefere to feed rodents, it is much more easyer to feed them, and a little bit more clean!
I got some WC Oligodon from malaysia and the taeniolatus from thailand the feed only eggs. I try to bring them to feed on mice, I hope it works. When not, eggs are ok too. Very easy to get food for them.
Yes, you are right, it looks that when to feeds on mice, the are much more active and ,,hungry´´ and my O. purpurascens are crazy when to get the smel of mices, the bites everything what´s coming in.

Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 1:45

Just a cool collection. Oligodon is a really interesting genus! Hope to get them soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)   Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some snakes I kept in the past (Masticophis, Rhamphiophis, Psammophis, Ahaetulla, Oligodon)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Colubridae :: other Rear-fanged Snakes...-
Jump to: