VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Happy 100th birthday to Bill Haast!!

Go down 
+15
Walter Silva
Bostjan Kraner
ralf webbink
Stefan Anthonijsz
Joni hottinen
Jason Will
Robert Twombley
Vangelis Rokkos
Mike Spencer
Joe Lesh
Ari Finsk
Alessandro Lazzarini
Randy Ciuros
Johan Pennanen
Cliff Lindberg
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Happy 100th birthday to Bill Haast!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy 100th birthday to Bill Haast!!   Happy 100th birthday to Bill Haast!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan - 6:45

I did not read his book but most fascinating thing, this guy was bitten more than 160 times by different venomous snakes. Cobras, rattlesnakes, etc. And the venom coctail he has enaculated himself with has (?) 32 different species. He said it helped him to survive. Did this heal him to be 100 years old. I would not recomend this to anyone wanting to be 100. Bill Haast is still an expert and a mistry can kill you. He's a phenomenal caracter and I have much respect for him. To bad that there's not a lot of material available about his work or maybe I'm not aware where to look. He took a lot of risks to help us and himself better understand snake venom and his effects. I watched his video on you tube when he was bitten for 46th (?) time an the doctor said he's a regular for snake bites, but he was ready than, to go to doo what he does best. If there are some papers, correspondences, newsletters or other material available I'd be much appreciated.

Best regards, BKK
Back to top Go down

Happy 100th birthday to Bill Haast!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2