VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Let's try it again...

Go down 
+6
Christian Chudoba
Christoph Rothenbühler
matt yuyek
Mario Lutz
Peter Pastor
Peter Zürcher
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Let's try it again... Empty
PostSubject: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 1:20

First step to breed Parias mcgregori has been done today; after she spent 3 days hidden between moss and soil on the bottom of the terrarium, my yellow tiger female laid 8 to 10 well looking eggs.
Let's try it again... Mcgegg10
Sorry, due to the setup in the cage and in order not to disturb the lady, no better picture could be taken.
Eggs are twice the size as those from last years clutch laid by the snow female.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 1:37

Great news, Peter! Congratulation!
A lot of work has to be done, but as you said, without this first step there wouldn`t be even a chance. There could be even more eggs as 10, but that`s just wild guess!
Seeing success of Jorg, I am pretty possitive about your luck and success with these as well...

We keep our fingers crossed for you over here...

All the best,
Peter P.

PS: I can`t wait to have our specimens over us ... Wink Whoauuu...
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 1:59

well.... what can i say?
i am happy, i am very happy peter, and you know its true.
how many times in the past i have been told philippine snakes cant kept alive - breeding them is not even to think about it...

i talked and talked to folks, i have written lots of papers and published - but still - now success. i received a email from a well known herpetologist and hot keeper from the US, he ask my help - as they have no success whatsoever in breeding parias mcgregori....

after i told him what to do, he was just laughing about me - "are you serious? i keep crotalids for more than 20 years, have not heard such thing:"
there you go - do what you want man!

jörg and you keep asking and listening... thats why it works here...

cool - i am proud of you!!!

well - dont you panicking now, the incubation is the difficult part... let the mum doit, dont you dare take the eggs into an incubator!!!
let here do it and just watch them growing, the eggs looks good and all is prepared.. i cross my finger, but i know there will be a success this time, just keep cool my good friend! you are the first guy, breeding parias mcgregori outside the philippines if everything goes well... i mean breeding - not having babies from WC moms and killing them by wrong incubation technics..

cool - i have my Jack Daniels now and i be patience enough to wait and see how it goes...

thanks Peter - thanks Jörg - you boys made my day bright today!

i will add another picture to keep you motivated:

Let's try it again... Mcgreg14
thats how it will look like in one and a half month at your place, isnt cute???

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
matt yuyek
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
matt yuyek

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 12:19

Congratulations and best of luck to you, Peter! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpaworld.com
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 14:08

Congrats Peter! It's great to see.
chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles.c-ro.ch
Christian Chudoba

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 14:48

Congrats. Wish u all the best Peter.
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 16:27

Hello Peter,

I´m sure this time it works and next time we meet we should take a drink or two or... on each baby we got.

Congratulation.

Jörg
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeSat 10 May - 20:02

Amazing colored animals!
Good luck with the eggs.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeSat 10 May - 20:17

Quote :
we should take a drink or two or... on each baby we got.
That's going to be a serious intoxication with your babies alone, Jörg! If I'll have the luck to bring some of the mcgregoris out of egg, we won't survive it! drunken
by the way: how about more flavo-pictures?

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes!
It's up to the female now, it looks like she knows what to do.
My job is to keep the moisture at the right level, and to hope.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
kai van enckevort

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeSun 11 May - 16:51

mario,
can you explane me why the female should breed the eggs instade using a incubater
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeSun 11 May - 17:10

nobody can explain it really Kai,

i have breed around 800 Mcgregor Pit-Vipers so far, all of them true natural incubation and have never had any problems. we try it also artificial, with different temps, humids etc.pp- all this attempts failed. babies not well developed, or just was not hatching at all.

same observations have done Gumprecht (Parias mcgregori), Klusmeyer (Parias flavomaculatus)...

there should be a way to incubate them artificially, but i am not the one who will find out anymore... thats for sure, natural incubation works very well for me and for others to..

just check the flavo posting (if our jörg ever will let us know and update us), you will see it is with this species exactly the same..

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 17:58

just a short update today:
Eggs still looking good (white and stout), at least those small parts one can see from time to time.
As I told you, everything happens hidden under moss, and the female's reaction on every disturbance comes out very defensive and angry.
The place where the eggs have been laid is just above one of the heating mats, where temperatures can reach up to 40 degrees Celsius, so I switched it off and started to heat the whole room with a small fan heater.
Temperatures are 26 to 28 degrees at daytime, dropping down to 23 to 25 degrees nightly.
Nervy greetings
Peter
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 18:13

dont be so nervy... everything sounds good to me, make sure the humidity is above 85% inside the terrarium (by the way, i use to spray - sometime directly on the female without killing the eggs!) and keep the temperature at this level... not higher than 28°C peter! they can take 24, but 29°C is critical already!

wait for about 4 weeks, then give the female a pre-killed mouse - my females usually take food while incubating... but dont feed them to much, she will pup on the eggs, and that means almost all times, you can forget about them!

cheers
and all my fingers are crossed peter!

Mario
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeMon 12 May - 18:20

Quote :
i use to spray - sometime directly on the female without killing the eggs!
That's exactly what I wanted to hear from you, Mario!
Balancing moisture (enough for the female and the eggs, but not too much) seems to be the most difficult part.
Cheers
Peter
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug - 21:49

Hey Peter
what about the eggs? You have a little update for us?

A friend of me breed this year Parias mcgregori in Germany...
6 white babies...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's try it again...   Let's try it again... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's try it again...
Page 1 of 1