VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevor McGill
Trevor McGill

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-01-12

just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Empty
PostSubject: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb - 7:16

I noticed there's not any eastern coral photos here so I thought Id post a few. I had a few over the years, kept them in large plastic bins with cypress mulch, sphagum moss and leaf litter with a 2 moist hide boxes on opposite sides, hot side was 85f cool was 73f. I had one that ate pinkie mice and lived for four years, the rest lived around 2 and fed on small skinks and snakes. I love these snakes and hope to find a few more this spring. Enjoy

[img]just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Coral_10[/img]

[img]just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Coral_11[/img]

[img]just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Coral_12[/img]

[img]just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Coral_14[/img]

[img]just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Coral_15[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb - 8:34

Hmmm... Interesting. Thanks for posting this, Mr. McGill. If it's possible, please let us know if you find and can photograph any in situ specimens in their natural habitat this Spring. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Trevor McGill
Trevor McGill

Male

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb - 9:16

I sure will, best time to find them is after a good rain shower either early morning or dusk, crossing roads or under debris.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb - 14:21

Nice. Would be very interesting if You could tell us more about how they behave in Your captivity.
Cheers,
Guenter
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeMon 7 Feb - 20:34

I like these a lot. It's good to hear that you have had some success, I was reading a book the other day in which the author was saying it can be very difficult.

What's the deal with the A.V stocks over there now?
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 0:07

Good looking corals.
I'll be putting in a lot of effort trying to find some TX corals in southern Arkansas this spring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Trevor McGill
Trevor McGill

Male

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 2:23

Thanks everyone!
Guenter the corals Ive kept were very secretive but also curious, during the day they would stay hidden mostly and at night they would forage around the tank in search for food, I would place the small skinks in a clear Tupperware food tub that was to high for them to escape and I could make sure the snakes were eating without having to sift through the substrate. Most of them Ive tried to keep refuse all food offered and I have tried a lot of different prey,such as ground skinks, blue tailed skinks, green anoles, fence lizards, glass lizards, worms,small minnows, and any small snake(they seem to prefer smooth scaled snakes over keeled scaled snakes) and their favorite prey seems to be the scarlet snake, The only coral I had that ate pinkies started out on scarlet snake scented pinks. I have a bunch of road killed scarlet's in the freezer ready for the next coral I find. as for the temper most are calm and Ive never had one strike, most just sit on the hook calmly, but when their stressed they thrash about with their mouth open and latch on to anything they can. I seem to have better luck keeping them in large tubs because they are quite active and I can keep the humidity around 60%. they don't really climb but I kept sticks in the tubs to give them something to climb over and explore and it seemed like they like to explore new things at night,flicking their tongue out and spending time around the new rock, stick or hide box, to keep them busy I moved some thing around except for their favorite hide spots. I'm glad yall like them and as soon as I catch some more I will post pics of setups for you. Thanks again Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trevor McGill
Trevor McGill

Male

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 2:29

Owen Roberts, not a lot of corals are milked because they are hard to keep alive and the antivenin is getting pretty hard to find nowadays, guess I have to try my hardest not to get bit! Safety Safety Safety I haven't been bit by any venomous yet and I'm going to try and keep it that way.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Alessandro Lazzarini

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 2:59

Hi Trevor,
beautiful pictures!!!!
I really like Micrurus, if you look at my introduction ( http://www.venomland.net/t1815-hallo-from-san-marino ) there is a picture of my female, I bought three years ago to Hamm by Galdes Herp and I hope to have more soon. She eats mainly elaphe guttata dead or alive, was very shy at first, now it is too hungry to browse through the glass while working in my room, and eats dead snakes offered with forceps.
At what temperature you kept them in the winter?
Thank's
Ale
Back to top Go down
Trevor McGill
Trevor McGill

Male

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 3:26

Alessandro your female is awesome ,as for cooling in the winter I kept a male and female cooled at 55 degrees Fahrenheit for three months and when I warmed them up got them fed good I placed them together and the female ate the male after he showed interest in her. Sad guess it happens with snake eating elapidae
the others I didn't cool them because I wasn't going to breed them.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 4:14

Great information Trevor and very interesting.
Thank You very much!
Kind regards,
Guenter
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Alessandro Lazzarini

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 5:16

Thank's for the info Trevor.
I think it could happen, if I get the opportunity, and I hope, will give him a lot of food before you put them together:) I'd really like to grow the Micrurus baby:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitimeTue 8 Feb - 17:50

That's good to hear Trevor!

I know bites are rare from these. Thanks for all the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius   just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just some pics of Eastern Coral Snake. Micrurus fulvius
Page 1 of 1