VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Greetings from deep south Texas!

Go down 
+2
Henning Vehmeier
Jim Campbell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Greetings from deep south Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 8:50

Hello Everyone...

Like almost everyone else with an interest in reptiles, I began collecting snakes when I was around 5 years old. I still remember my older brother catching a box turtle along a seasonal creek on our property and something just snapped in my brain. From that day on, all through my childhood, I literally caught everything that moved. Actually, I guess I still do!

To make a long story short, around 1996 my wife Darlene and I started www.lavibora.com . We live in the sub-tropics of deep south Texas, right on the border with Mexico, and the local climate is perfect for breeding my favorite snake, the eyelash viper. Through the years, we've had successes and setbacks but have made many good friends in the "herp world" through the process. I hope to make many more in this excellent forum.

I look forward to "chatting" with you!

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.lavibora.com
Henning Vehmeier

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 10:07

Hi Jim,

welcome to the Forum !

Nice to see you here

Regards

Henning
Back to top Go down
http://www.schlegelii.de.vu
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 11:42

Hello Jim,

the Pleasure is all on our site..
fist time i heard your name was, when i saw your awesome picture, with the red schlegelii male on the palm leaf..
impressive Jim, very impressive...

i also read your blog once in a while, well done - i like it.

anyway, thanks for being here - it is very nice to have all this outstanding folks here together!

cheers
Mario
(on lots of coffee today)
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 20:47

Very glad you made it, Jim! You have to help me arm wrestle Mario to convince him to send some Mcgregor's to the states! Laughing I look forward to seeing you share some of your excellent photography and knowledge, as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeSun 18 May - 7:29

Hello Jim!

Great to see you here, I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum as well.
And, um, I'll e-mail you soon. For real... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Lutz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Benjamin Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeSun 18 May - 14:34

welcome on board Jim.

Enjoy yourself here.

Greetz Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-reptileman.com
Jim Campbell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jim Campbell

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitimeMon 19 May - 5:58

Thanks for the warm greetings! I look forward to learning more about everyone's interests and talents.

You're right Derek, we sure need to get some of Mario's incredible McGregor's over here in the states but, more importantly, into OUR collections (as well as Christian's squams)!

Ya'll take care!

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.lavibora.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from deep south Texas!   Greetings from deep south Texas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from deep south Texas!
Page 1 of 1