VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis

Go down 
+11
Marco Nell
Gustav Eloy
Stephen Paull
Michael Bollhorn
Marthinus C. Harmse
Jan Jonkman
Aaron Percy
Simon Ball
Bostjan Kraner
Stefan Anthonijsz
Nigel Sowter
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov - 17:54

Nice surprise this morning
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 November6th20115
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 November6th201124
Back to top Go down
Stephen Paull
Stephen Paull

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov - 18:54

Nice Nigel, impressive animals!
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Nov - 23:03

Congrats mate!! Looks great and I hope you will find some healthy youngsters in a while!
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov - 19:06

Ha Ha, no love 2day.
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 November12th201122
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 November12th201141
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov - 23:40

Thanks for sharing! Every time I am amazed about your great enclosures!
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov - 1:41

Yeah cool spacey enclosures. Very nice.

Do you keep them with two males and one female?

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov - 5:37

Cheers, Ro.[/quote]

Thanks Ro. Yes I do at the moment, have another female but want to put some more size onto her before placing her in with these 3. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Flandroit Patrik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Flandroit Patrik

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov - 15:03

very nice very snake and very very "terrarium" Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakevipera-reptiles.com
Ben Stupavsky
Ben Stupavsky

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov - 22:41

Beautiful snakes! P. porphyriacus is one of those snakes that I wish was more available to the public in the U.S. Definitely one of my favorite Australian elapids. Very nice enclosures too!!! Hope the lock up is fruitful, and you get a bunch-o-babies!
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov - 0:21

Nigel Sowter wrote:

Cheers, Ro.

Thanks Ro. Yes I do at the moment, have another female but want to put some more size onto her before placing her in with these 3. Cheers.[/quote]

Okay. I will try to breed them like this as well. 2.1 in a cage and hopefully the males battle it out.

Good luck mate!

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov - 5:48

Just some added info on what may have led to this mating. All 3 cooled down over winter in separate containers inside on heat cord at 15 degrees. Raised temps to 25/26 coming out of winter into spring. Main pair put together for 3 days then separated & fed for 3/4 days, done this for 3 weeks. Saw some matings (3) & did not use the other male (little slow to get back to feeding). Main pair placed in tub 6weeks ago, other male went in 3 weeks ago. Never seen any male combat or "bullying" from the bigger male towards the smaller male. No heat is used on the tub. With 18/20 degree days have recorded temps ranging up to 28/30 degrees. This being from direct sunlight on the fake rocks (made from cement) & from the inside wall of the plastic tub when the sun was hitting the outside of the tub. There is also some polycarb on the roof of the pergola that provides basking areas from midday on till around 5/5.30pm. Next job will be putting in more polycarb sheets for this tub & the others later on. All snakes have fed out there wheather together or in separate containers & placed back afterwards. Have pic of there hide which they all use. Hope this is a recipe for success. Cheers.
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 PA180003
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov - 7:26

Thanks for the info Nigel. More people should post info like this. I will add how I cool them later as well.
(rep points given)

Isn't 15 a bit high though? And how long did you cooled them down?

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov - 13:55

Isn't 15 a bit high though? And how long did you cooled them down?

Cheers, Ro.[/quote]

Sorry, heat cord on 15, a double run under tub. Tubs used have the wheels on them, so maybe 15mm gap from cord to top of newspaper in tub. Hides in tubs were plastic 5litre containers & the snakes were in them most of the time when I was cleaning/attending the other snakes. Didn't actually check the temp from inside the hide (hide was in the middle of tub, not over the heat cord). The room the snakes are kept in is a double garage with concrete floor, the snakes that are cooled are placed on a shelf 50mm off the ground & another shelf above that 1. Havn't had temps below zero in there yet. Pythons & adders are kept higher in here. Excuse the mess in the pics.

Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 PB200047
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 PB200049

Currently in the tubs are Boiga irregularis, juvie Austrelaps superbus, juvie Pseudechis porphyriacus & juvie Notechis ater serventyi with their heat cord on 28 degrees. Acanthophis in top tubs on heat mat set at 31 degrees. Cooled the adults for 12weeks this time. Just seen my Notechis scutatus occidentalis locked up in outside pit, didn't want to disturb them so sorry no pics. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov - 18:18

Hey Nigel,

okay, thanks again.

We made a cool room especially for the Australian snakes that needed to be cooled. Temp is average around 10 to 16 but we give them a spot for a couple hours a day.
And slowly give them less heating hours. They seem to do very well with these temps but I keep a close eye on them of course.

We started 2 months ago and we'll give it another 6 weeks max before we slowly build up the heat again. I have a good feeling for this year.
Let us pray. Laughing

Of course I thought up a new question. Do you feed them at all in the cooler period? Any snake? With Vipera you would kill them but the tigers still digest their food.
We give them a small mice once in a while and they still defecate soon after.

Congrats on the locking of the Nothechis. I wouldn't mind breeding some this year as well. Twisted Evil

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov - 20:28

Don't feed during the cooling down period, saves on the food bill ha ha. Speaking of which they feed on rats with every third feed chickens, occassionally they get the odd fish. Sounds o'kay the way you have yours set up & best of luck. You have them separated while being cooled?
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct - 18:37

Pseudechis porphyriacus now outside in pit. 1.2 kept in here. 1.1 coming up for a slough but has'nt stop him from copulating. Fingers crossed for this season.
Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 PA020152

Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 PA020203
Back to top Go down
Warren Rath

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr - 14:11

Those are some beautiful serpents, I can only admire your great good luck. If I lived in Australia, I'd very much want one
as my "first" venomous snake. That's not to say we don't have some fine snakes in the Americas, just nothing as stunning. (Indigo snakes, cribos, and mussuranas run a close second, though) Anyway, thank you for posting the gorgeous photos! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis   Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stefan-Just For You-My Pseudechis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2