VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

What do You think about it?

Go down 
+13
Edgar Gonzalez
Bill Donovan
Klaus Roemer
Scott Eipper
Michael Jonasson
Patrick Vince
António Pinto
Greg Starkins
Ambros Mathier
Louis Jacobsz
Peter Zürcher
Fabian Dirks
Guenter Leitenbauer
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

What do You think about it? Empty
PostSubject: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 17:12

"One million snakebites"
http://www.mytvblog.org/?p=9844

Anyone got a link to the whole documentation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 17:56

The whole documentation is available at youtube!
The most interesting thing are the slow motions captures of the striking snakes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 18:03

not longer available on YouTube because of some copyright problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 18:11

So we have to wait until it finally will reach Austrian or German TV stations in 2043 ...
Sad
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 18:25

Copyright is always a problem, so a pm
There is even a law problem in Germany, posting links now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 18:36

I got it from youtube just before the troubles started haha...

It's really worth it guy's.In my opinion one of the best I've seen !
Back to top Go down
http://www.ljafricancaptivebreds.co.za
Ambros Mathier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ambros Mathier

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 21:25

Thank you for this Guenter,

I'm downloading it at the moment, but it will take time (1.71GB).
For those who can't watch it. I found this report about Romulus Whitaker on www.hindu.com
Regards Ambros
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 22:08

Ambros - You download?
Did You find a working link actually?
Someone told me about a link where I can watch it, but none where I can doenload it.
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 22:30

Guenter,I think if you download "Real player" You will be able to download any video even if you cant do so from the site ?But I stand to be corrected...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ljafricancaptivebreds.co.za
Ambros Mathier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ambros Mathier

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 16 May - 23:59

Hmm...yes Guenter i download Embarassed
You actually posted the links..... Laughing You just need the right program to download.

What Louis says is right. But i assume the quality wouldn't be as good as this HD version. It's really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Greg Starkins
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Greg Starkins

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 19 May - 19:13

I have this recorded on my Sky+ box. Excellent documentary.
If anyone knows how I can get it from my Sky+ box to my computer, I would be happy to upload it for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ambros Mathier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ambros Mathier

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 19 May - 23:22

@Greg:
maybe this link can help you with your Sky+ box. LINK

I downloaded it from the link Guenter posted. (Use this link's from www.megaupload)
It seams to be realy HD quallity, but i didn't have time to watch the whole movie yet.

Thanks again Guenter, this is one of the reasons why i am nearly every day on this Forum.

Back to top Go down
António Pinto
António Pinto

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 12:26

Again on youtube Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6TKFMC3ELw
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 17:34

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
António Pinto
António Pinto

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 22:22

I`ve see this a little late but I could find it. If wasn`t your topic I couldn`t search for this, so thank you too!

I`ve see the documentary and I`ve liked it, really stunning animals. I like much Whitaker`s documentaries.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 22:28

At the moment I try to burn a DVD from the downloads Wink
I prefer to watch it in TV rather to PC.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jun - 23:54

I just watch the program ! very instructive (and nice snakes too). I think someone should do the same thing for Africa; i know some good works have been done there by Chippaux and al., but only in few country.....like in India this could reveal some bad results about human death by bites of venomous snakes.
R.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jun - 0:15

The DVD production worked and I've watched it right now.
Really a fine documentation.
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jun - 4:29

I Loves it to, i especially likes Rom's comment about other reptile tvpersonalities handling King cobras Smile Big difference in seeing Roms approach to the King and Austin Stevens haha
Back to top Go down
Scott Eipper
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun - 12:15

very interesting documentry, throughly enjoyed watching a snakes doco without the wanker fan fare

Thanks for the link

Cheers,
Scott
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jun - 23:01

By and large, I agree with Scott. However (and without wanting to smartass here), I strongly believe that this could have been done even better - much better. For example, although king cobras certainly are a magnet for viewers, they clearly are of no medical importance in the context of snakebite as a neglected disease in India. So instead of dwelling on this (admittedly impressive) snake, the documentary could have provided, for instance, more understandable information on the activity of the venoms of the "big four" - the cobra, krait, saw-scale and Russell's vipers. In addition, it could have explained more clearly why this is a neglected disease - lack of education, superstition, and importantly, pure profit-orientation of antivenin producers.

My feeling is that a REALLY good docu on snakes and snakebite yet has to be produced.

Last edited by Klaus Roemer on Tue 14 Jun - 1:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bill Donovan
Bill Donovan

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun - 23:06

Fantastic documentary. It's always a pleasure to see those with knowledge and skill doing what they love. I have seen several specials featuring Rom and he is always informative and compelling and always has a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Edgar Gonzalez

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun - 15:40

I'll watch it. Thanks I'll be posting some comments soon. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
http://150.164.37.75/labimq/index.php
António Pinto
António Pinto

Male

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 5:19

Klaus Roemer wrote:
By and large, I agree with Scott. However (and without wanting to smartass here), I strongly believe that this could have been done even better - much better. For example, although king cobras certainly are a magnet for viewers, they clearly are of no medical importance in the context of snakebite as a neglected disease in India. So instead of dwelling on this (admittedly impressive) snake, the documentary could have provided, for instance, more understandable information on the activity of the venoms of the "big four" - the cobra, krait, saw-scale and Russell's vipers. In addition, it could have explained more clearly why this is a neglected disease - lack of education, superstition, and importantly, pure profit-orientation of antivenin producers.

My feeling is that a REALLY good docu on snakes and snakebite yet has to be produced.

Yes, your right Klaus, but the documentary in terms of king cobras is a snake with no medical importance in bites and they gave some plus importance to they in relation to the other snakes but is not the baddest thing, and relevant. In my opinion the really good documentary is to come but the main fault isn`t from the producers but from the people there too. The government doen`t seems to care about that and even Rom says that the results maded from the government of the snake bites are really far from the real. The superstition goes away when comes the education that suposelly should be given from their state and that unfortanelly isn`t just in India but in much 3rd world countries and in much of these cases are where much dangerous snakes thaks their life side by side with humans and where exists lack of education and medicine.
The antivenin producers just takes advantages from this circustancies and make big money with that.
The documentary just documents what passes there.
Much things have to be done there.
Back to top Go down
Brian Petrie
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 0:07

I think it was a good documentary, but I totally agree with Klaus, there has never been a documentary made focusing purely on the problems of snakebite. I am sure such a documentary, showing the pain and suffering that this neglected tropical disease causes in the third world, could be used as a tool to highlight the problem, not just to the general public, but also to governments around the world, who could possibly help finance recearch into producing more effective anti-venoms, better education and proper medical treatment and equipment.
Cheers,
Brian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do You think about it?   What do You think about it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do You think about it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: News-
Jump to: