VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Imantodes cenchoa

Go down 
+3
Magnus Jansson
Eli Carleton
Michael Burger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Burger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Michael Burger

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul - 22:55

A pic taken last night in one of my enclosures (I wish it was in situ). I consider this species to be the epitome of neotropical serpents and are possibly the most common snake species found throughout lowland new world forests. Delicate, but easy to maintain in captivity.

[img]Imantodes cenchoa I[/img]
Back to top Go down
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 1:55

Great photo!

Imantodes are hands down my favorite colubrid! I have seen locales from Suriname, Costa Rica, and Peru. In the limited experience (5 specimens) the Costa Rican locale seem to have less contrast. Nonetheless they are all lovely! Last time I saw one offered for sale I immediately bought it. It was DOA...

Eli

Imantodes cenchoa Suri-Iman

Imantodes cenchoa CRIman2

Imantodes cenchoa CRIman
Back to top Go down
Michael Burger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Michael Burger

Male

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Imantodes   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 2:35

Nice pic Eli. I've seen this species from the three places you mentioned but did not notice a big difference. I also found I. inornatus in Costa Rica, but the more common cenchoa beats it hands down I think. Below is a pic of three cenchoa hatching.

[img]Imantodes cenchoa Ii[/img]

[img]Imantodes cenchoa Iii[/img]
Back to top Go down
Magnus Jansson

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 4:04

It's a real neat snake you got there.
You mind sharing some info on care and breeding?
Back to top Go down
Michael Burger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Michael Burger

Male

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: I. cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 6:57

Magnus,

The blunt-headed tree snake is basically a lizard feeder (anolis sp) in the wild and captivity. You can get them to take pinks, but not all will accept them. I keep mine in a well planted terrarium with an automatic misting system that comes on several times a day. A large water bowl helps keep the humidity at roughly 60%, but I live in an area where the humidity is low, so I am not able to keep it as high as I would like to (80%). They are essentially arboreal, so branches help. As for breeding, I cannot help. The pics I sent are from a wild caught mating (all I have are females). This species was commonly thrown in on shipments back in the 70's and were inexpensive ($15-30 U.S.) but are (like many common small species) unfortunately not economically viable and unwanted in the 'pet trade' (at least in the U.S.) and now you cannot find them. Having traveled a little in the neotropics, you can almost count on finding a number of them on any night time hike with a flashlight. They just freeze in the light and help 'make' a night time excursion when you otherwise come up empty (of finding herps).

Best regards,

Michael
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul - 10:14

Interesting... These snakes have such a strange morphology. Thank you for starting this Thread, Mr. Burger- and for the photographs of the hatchlings. Good photographs of the adult specimens, Mr. Carleton. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Magnus Jansson

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul - 1:17

Michael Burger wrote:

Best regards

Michael

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul - 15:50

Very nice, I just love these kind of small arboreal snakes!
Back to top Go down
Dylan van den Berg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Dylan van den Berg

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov - 23:15

Is there anybody on this forum who still has Imantodes
and maybe can upload photo's or share some info about it ?

Surprised 

Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec - 21:30

Great collection, beautiful snakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Imantodes cenchoa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imantodes cenchoa   Imantodes cenchoa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imantodes cenchoa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Colubridae :: other Rear-fanged Snakes...-
Jump to: