VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Orange arietans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun - 4:40

This beauty made it here recently from Tanzania. The photos don't do its color any justic as its much more orange than what appears in the photos. Oddly, he's its very calm and fat and may have been someone's pet there?

Orange arietans PuffOrangeagain1Orange arietans PuffOrangeagain2
Back to top Go down
Jakob H. Christensen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jakob H. Christensen

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun - 19:34

A really nice arietans you have there, Dan Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.jhcreptiles.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 7:27

That is a really beautiful Puff indeed.
Tanzania must have some of the nicest Puffs ever.
Back to top Go down
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 7:52

I have several in my collection, some from Tanzania and some cape's.

Dan

Orange arietans Puff1

Orange arietans Puffblack2

Orange arietans Puffredmale1

Orange arietans Puffcape
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 8:13

Yeah, you have some gorgeous Puffs there. I have a female that's quite close to no. 2, and she's from Tanzania.
What about no 3, where is that from? It's looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 8:28

The top and bottom photos are cape's and second and third are tanzanian's. Did you have photos of your puffs.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 9:53

Alright, thanks for the info on those. Man I like that third one Very Happy
Yes, here are photos of mine, all are from Tanzania;

This is the female. As you can see, the red has faded with age. It's a rather dark specimen.
Orange arietans Pufffem
Orange arietans P1010361

This is the male.
Orange arietans P1040142
Orange arietans P1040149

This male is owned 50/50 with my best buddy, and he currently keeps it.
Orange arietans P1020680
Orange arietans P1040211
Back to top Go down
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 10:06

Those are beautiful. My blackish one from tanzania is gravid (from the wild) so I am quite excited here waiting it out as she should drop any day.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Marc Dubois
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Marc Dubois

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun - 7:21

Christian & Dan, you have very beautiful puffies !! the orange one & the yellow one are stunning!!
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun - 3:35

Thank you Marc Very Happy

Dan, be sure to post some pics when the babies arrive, ok? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun - 17:30

did you guys can point me any puffi population in africa, where the B.aritans are used to higher humidity ?

i have not had any success in keeping them alive here in the philippines. we have freaky high humidity and i think they just cant take it.

but there have to be populations in africa where puffies are used to it?

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Humidity   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun - 17:58

Mine are kept in a somewhat humid room but their cages have small heat lamps and small water bowls to keep the air within the cage dry as possible and the lamp is positioned at the opposite end of the water bowl to not permit evaporation and such from the lamp. The puffs will spend most of the time either under the lamp or near it and I have not had any issues with this method. However, without the lamp, I will admit they don't fare too well if kept with a water bowl too long or if kept in plastic boxes with lids in a humid climate.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jun - 15:21

I can't really answer Mario's question, but I would assume that B. arietans are not likely to tolerate constant high humidity.
I don't keep water bowl in my Puff terrarium at all. I spray them now and then, perhaps 1-2 times per week on average, and let them drink from that as much as they will.
I do give them a 'rainy season', spraying them more heavily over a period of time, but as there is a pretty good ventilation, it has not affected them negatively as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Dan Scolaro
Dan Scolaro

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 8:07

Well I introduced the orange male to the yellow female's cage a couple days ago and he has been chasing her down for 2 days now trying to lockup but with hopes she will tire and allow nature to take her course.

Dan

Orange arietans Puffsbreeding1
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jul - 19:56

Hope all goes well with that pair. I'm sure they'd produce some real nice babies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orange arietans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange arietans   Orange arietans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange arietans
Page 1 of 1