VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

"Snakeman" Very Bad Press

Go down 
+11
Markus Gottlieb
Rob Deans
Simon Ball
Jan Jonkman
Peter van Issem
Danny Breetveld
Johannes Marchand
Jon Davidson
Andre Schmid
Stefan Anthonijsz
Chris Fleming
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Fleming

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-07-14

"Snakeman" Very Bad Press Empty
PostSubject: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug - 22:07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See this story. He let two venomous snakes bite his daughter b/c he had them "devenomated".........really..........really. This is the same guy that started his own scientific journal so he could rename a bunch of venomous species.

I believe the crappy parent of the year goes to.........this guy.

This REALLY gets my blood boiling! Why did he have to involve another person let alone a child and his daughter.......

http://www.news.com.au/national/hand...-1226112025389

Text

Quote:
A SNAKE handler has been slammed after letting normally deadly snakes bite his 10-year-old daughter to prove they are de-venomised and safe.

Man allows snakes to bite his daughter’s arm to prove they’re not venomous. Vision- Raymond Hoser snake bite demonstration.

"Snakeman" Raymond Hoser allowed a taipan and a death adder to bite his daughter while a shopping centre audience watched on, the Herald Sun reported.

The handler, 49, said the video proved that despite being convicted of breaching his Commercial Wildlife Demonstrator Licence, there was never any risk.

He was fined $12,000 in the County Court last week for demonstrating with venomous snakes less than three metres from the public, working in accessible pits and demonstrating in a way that put the animals at risk of theft in 2008 and 2009.

He said the July video demonstration, which left his daughter with bleeding puncture wounds in her forearm, had proved his snakes were not venomous.

"She was only bleeding and if they'd been venomous she'd have been dead in two minutes," Hoser said.

"If I'm confident to do that to her, it shows you I have never used a snake with venom."

Hoser, of Park Orchards, is the director of reptile education company Snakebusters.

Australian Childhood Foundation chief executive Joe Tucci said children should never be put through an ordeal to prove a point.

Really?! How stupid can you be. This is the kind of actions that wil have our hobby banned. I am just at a loss of words.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug - 23:00

This is sick!!
Back to top Go down
Andre Schmid
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Andre Schmid

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 1:08

I dont like this person and his whole "de-venomised " shit ! Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperas.de/
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 1:48

The link doesn't work('Page not found'), which is probably just as well... Looking on the positive side of this(if that's possible), media coverage of Mr. Hoser's activities and perspectives are a 'good' thing in that it exposes him for the charlatan that he is. How disgraceful that he would use a child to promote his personal agenda. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Johannes Marchand
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johannes Marchand

Male
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 2:47

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/handler-raymond-hoser-let-snakes-bite-his-daughter/story-e6frg12c-1226112097803

Back to top Go down
Danny Breetveld
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Danny Breetveld

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 3:17

What a idiot...
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 3:20

Idiot it not enought!
To do such with a child , shows us that he is a very very poor man...
Back to top Go down
Chris Fleming

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 5:46

Thanks for putting up a new link. Did not realize the one I posted wasnt working.

Is he still a member here? If so, maybe he shouldnt be anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 5:59

Speechless...

What an utter and complete idiot..
Back to top Go down
Simon Ball
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 17:31

Please let me say that this behaviour is NOT typical of Australian reptile keepers. All of those I know consider this to be a disgraceful act which will only cause the general public to tend to think badly about reptile keepers. We don't need this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 17:40

At least he can't possibly argue his way out of this the way he does with his venomoiding.
This is just crazy! That poor little girl.
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug - 18:24

I didn't care much about Hoser and his "work", but that move now is just......not what i would consider acceptable.

.....insane in my opinion

best regards
hope u all are well, long time no visit here Smile
Back to top Go down
Wayne Ashford
Wayne Ashford

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 3:46

the word no brain cells springs to mind,and the point of this display is ?,i will tell you how to be a plank.
Back to top Go down
Johann Prescher
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Johann Prescher

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 3:55

What a loser, not even worth to shit on.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 6:12

I wrote in another thread here that one can wait until he would be lawsuited and fined for his crazy actions. He replied ironically that many had tried this and that he would never be found guilty for anything like that.
If the story would not be that a bad reputation for all snakekeepers who might laugh now?

So now he should be renamed in Raymond Loser, I guess ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Paul Rowley
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug - 22:06

Simon Ball wrote:
Please let me say that this behaviour is NOT typical of Australian reptile keepers. All of those I know consider this to be a disgraceful act which will only cause the general public to tend to think badly about reptile keepers. We don't need this sort of thing.

Don't worry, the rest of the world does not judge Australia on the actions of one bad apple.......... there are some well respected "snake men" in your country!
Back to top Go down
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 6:42

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/snakeman-has-licence-revoked/story-fn7x8me2-1226116966893
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 10:49

Jan Jonkman wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/snakeman-has-licence-revoked/story-" ... etc.
The photo in this media report says it all for me about who, exactly Mr. Raymond Hoser is as an individual... I would hope that some form of a Child Protection Agency will step in and remove the children from his custody until the matter gets all sorted out in the Justice System. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 15:31

The point is that people who always step on the edge of the allowed will definitely go a step to far someday. That's a kind of a natural law. He lost the feeling for what is acceptable - if he ever had it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug - 20:54

Besides what is going on now... Those inlands on the right side of the picture are gorgeous!!! king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Snakeman" Very Bad Press   "Snakeman" Very Bad Press Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Snakeman" Very Bad Press
Page 1 of 1