VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1

Go down 
+3
Niklas Johnsson
Alex Forzudo
Peter Kok
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Kok
Peter Kok

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep - 12:25

here are some pic's of my 1.1 LTC (2008) boiga dendrophila gemmicincta

had some problems with the male a while ago... seems that he got really stressed if housed with the female!?
now he is doing much better and is moving around and feeding again !!

still havent got them to feed on defrosted chicks tho... so i feed them live zebrafinces and quails
witch are accepted very gladly everytime
the male would be around 200 cm and would be around 4 to 6 years and the female who still has a little of
the julvinile colourations left has to be about 160 cm and she should be around 3 years

they where imported in 2008, if i remember that correctly

separatly housed, but i still hope i can breed this species next year!

well enough talk here a some pic's!

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 100_7951

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 100_7954

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 100_7965

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 100_8245

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 100_8304
Back to top Go down
Alex Forzudo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alex Forzudo

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep - 15:51

Congrats, very elegant snakes!
I have a pair of B.D.Melanota, love this kind of animals.
Back to top Go down
Niklas Johnsson
Niklas Johnsson

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 7:13

Gorgeous! How are these in avalibility on the C.B market?

Simply stunning, def on my wanted list!

Kind regards niklas
Back to top Go down
Peter Kok
Peter Kok

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 18:06

there are some people who have CB animals, but it's very difficult to find one for sale aspecialy of this SSP but D dendrophila and D melanota are sometimes offered (or at least in europe... )

unfortunatly my male died, so i won't be able to make a change in that for now.....
guess the problem is not that they are WC animals... but the way of transportation and most of the time they are dehydrated for most of these animals will not drink from a waterbowl
it takes to much time and their whole system goes down and then parasites take over.........

i am looking for a few CB or FRESHLY WC animals to start a breedingproject ( 3.3 ) (got more bad experience with LTC animals than with fresh WC ... not specific for boiga)
so that in the future more people can enjoy this species, but also becouse i am very intrested in the whole boiga genus and since it was also my first venomous snake it has a special place in my heart !!!
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 19:02

Nice ones. Boiga is a truely nice genus, especially at night ... Twisted Evil
They always want to hug me than...
Hope you can breed them in future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Niklas Johnsson
Niklas Johnsson

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 19:51

Thank you for explenation Peter. And I wish you all the luck in future with this project. And if you get something going, please keep me in the back of your mind Wink

Kinda regards Niklas
Back to top Go down
Franck Radnai
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Franck Radnai

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 21:17

Hello Peter,
I have a 1.1 too and I have decided to put them in the same terrarium and hope to obtain something. I will tell you if I have success in this. How his the behaviour of yours ? Mines are very bad during night period, more than melanota or cyanea.
Have a nice day
Franck
Back to top Go down
http://code.google.com/p/bioduino/
Peter Kok
Peter Kok

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 20:07

@ night they sure are very defensive, even at the smallest bit of movement and they will try to bite you continuesly their are very clumsy with it BTW it's kinda sad Laughing
thats why i keep handling mostly limeted to daylight when they are very calm and accept very much ....!

unfortuanly i only got a female right now and i hope i can get a few animals @ snakeday houten 12-09-2012, for now i'm building some enclosures for them

@ franck that's great! id apreciate it very much to hear of your experience and also put me on the list for some future CB animals XD
Back to top Go down
ChrisLagewaard

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:11

I think this is one of the nicest species of the Boiga genus. I had a pair or years and bred them as well. The youngsters are extremely nice, but not as nice as the juveniles from Buton. They are much brighter and colourful than the ones from Sulawesi. Still regret it that I sold my Buton animals. Good luck with finding some animals and breeding them. Take a look at my website as well for some photos of different Boigas: www.catsnakes.com

Chris
Back to top Go down
Jakob H. Christensen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jakob H. Christensen

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr - 17:46

Very nive animals Wink

I had 7 gemmicintas - 4 cb and 3 wc -, and they were all, more peacefull than melanota og dendropihla.

Franck:
They are not very difficult to breed, so hopefully your breeding efforts will go well Wink

Last edited by Jakob H. Christensen on Wed 11 Apr - 22:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jhcreptiles.com
Franck Radnai
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Franck Radnai

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr - 20:48

Hello Jakob,
Thanks for your remark, I will give you informations about.
Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
http://code.google.com/p/bioduino/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1   Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta  1.1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta 1.1
Page 1 of 1