VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem

Go down 
+6
Charles Bolen
Graeme Skinner
Michael Bollhorn
Bob Herrington
Christian Bihrer
Pablo Azcarate
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pablo Azcarate

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Empty
PostSubject: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 5:56

Hello, I just bought a baby shelegii Bothriechis, the problem is very small.
baby mouse is very large and can not eat, how to eat?
Back to top Go down
Christian Bihrer
Christian Bihrer

Male
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 7:38

Hi, I've used pieces of a baby mouse ... I took a lot of time and patience but it worked.
Much success with the youngster!!
Regards
Christian
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseregiftschlangen.de
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 7:57

tnks Christian, I can only use parts of a baby mouse? or I can use parts of a larger mouse?
Back to top Go down
Christian Bihrer
Christian Bihrer

Male
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 10:13

Of course you can also take parts of a larger mouse ...
It was at my schlegeliis very time consuming. But now they are very greedy .. best for a good half hour to one hour after the light is off and was sprayed ... these are at least my experience .. others may had more luck from the start, but my animals apparently had special wishes Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseregiftschlangen.de
Bob Herrington
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 10:36

Use just the head of a day old pinky mouse. Gently tease the snake until it latches on to the head first. The shape makes it difficult (but not impossible) to shake out and most will go ahead and swallow it. Four or five of these at 5-7 day intervals and it may be able for the whole pinky.
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 12:16

Thank you both for the tips ..!
It's okay if I give the mouse thigh 2 weeks old?
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 14:24

Normally you start with pieces like legs. After 5 or 6 times you can feed half pinkies... If you cut the pieces from the frozen, you can feed the rest later! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 15:28

I have always used strips of beef heart.

Cut narrow strips and tease the snake untill it latches on. If that fails assist the snake by pushing a strip into its mouth.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 17:26

hi Greame skinner, I was watching your videos where you feed the sidewinder!
use is the beef heart? boil it?

Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 17:40

does not contain much fat the beef heart?
Back to top Go down
Charles Bolen
Charles Bolen

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 23:55

Pablo Azcarate wrote:
does not contain much fat the beef heart?

Beef heart contains very little fat.

As far as feeding the baby eyelash, I would follow Dr. Bob's advice and use the heads. They are football shaped and stick in the mouth well. Additionally I would believe that the head would have more nutrients than the legs. Good luck!!!

Dr. Bob--See you in a few weeks!

Charles B.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct - 4:13

Pablo Azcarate wrote:

I use it raw and also with vitamin suppliments, seems to work well for me

Keep up the hard work

Graeme
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct - 6:05

Graeme Skinner wrote:
Pablo Azcarate wrote:

I use it raw and also with vitamin suppliments, seems to work well for me

Keep up the hard work

Graeme
which supplement? as applied in the beef? how often I can give beef heart?
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct - 2:59

I've used it a couple of times a week to get them "going" and quickly onto pinkie mice.

I find the strips of heart useful with very small neonates as it can easily be pushed into the snakes mouth without causing any damage.

Once they start swallowing on their own that is the point I change to pinkies.
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct - 15:27

Thanks, I gave him a piece of beef heart, how often I give him??? when I have time I upload photos and 1 video!
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct - 3:18

You can also use tail sections from adult mice. A short piece of tail has both meat and bone and is easy for a baby to eat until it grows larger and can accept thighs without fur and then pinks.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct - 6:59

Hi how is your snake doing?? hope he or she is eating with uot trouble, the one that I have was big enough to eat baby pinkie so I didn´t got any troubles feeding. The only recomendation I can give you is try to feed not to often and let him/her alone, don´t provoque any more strees from the one that he/she allready may have.

best wishes and keep updating.

regards
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 2:46

Hi, bad news, today my Bothriechis vomiting what I fed him 3 days ago, why??? be very large because I gave him? inappropriate or size??
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct - 2:50

What do I do? parameters are temperature between 24 and 28, humidity between 75% - 80%
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 3:44

Hi sorry to hear that, well it all depends on the cause of why he or she did vomited, probably it was only strees or handling, or like you said inproper size ormaybe because of it age the beef was too much for it, it could be parasites, have you seen if it has diarrea or something else??
I really sugest you to keep him her very well hydratated and let him to calmdown keep a close eye on for any sing of illness.

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
Pablo Azcarate

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 12:35

What I did was put it in water at 27 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes and 7 minutes after defecating and urinating in the water with a little serum to hydrate, I plan to leave it for 10 days without moving or disturbing to see how evolution are saying?
Back to top Go down
Seb Capdevielle
Seb Capdevielle

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct - 17:54

I used to feed mine with mouse tail parts with beef heart slice around so it is esay for them to swallow and it has always been working fine!

That's how I do...
Back to top Go down
Renáta Libová

Renáta Libová

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeSun 19 Oct - 0:28

Hi,

I have my first offspring of schlegeliis. They are 4 days old. When can I start offering first food?

Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem P1120112
Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem P1120113
Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem P1120114
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct - 6:28

Very interesting colors!

Wait one week and you can start.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Renáta Libová

Renáta Libová

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct - 0:32

O.K. Thanks...

At the end of this week I´ll try it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem   Bothriechis schlegelii,  baby problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothriechis schlegelii, baby problem
Page 1 of 1