VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Dispholidus and Bitis arietans

Go down 
+4
Johann Prescher
Tim Hallam
Michael Bollhorn
Klaus Roemer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Empty
PostSubject: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 0:54

A few new pics from the Bitis arietans (Lake Nakuru, Kenia) and our male boomslang (KwaZulu Natal).

Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Male1
Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Femaleportrait2
Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Dispholidushead1
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 1:29

Wow, all 3 are real stunners!
I´m a big Boomslang-Fan and keep 2,2 - ifyou wanna sell this one day, please let me know!

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Tim Hallam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tim Hallam

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 3:36

very nice animals

Q.most pictures I've seen of 'Lake Nakuru' B.arietans show them as in your second picture with the terracotta colour in the chevrons and a sandy brown overall colour but some are very yellow with high contrast chevrons as in your first picture do they brighten up as they mature or are they just brighter individuals?

regards Tim Hallam.
Back to top Go down
Johann Prescher
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Johann Prescher

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 5:05

Wow! This is one of the most beautiful Boomslang I have ever seen!
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 9:27

I love the first arietans, but that boomer is just insane!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 16:05

wow exellent pictures and the snakes are really really nice ones, congrats
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 18:49

really nice snakes for sure!
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 19:29

Tim wrote:
Q.most pictures I've seen of 'Lake Nakuru' B.arietans show them as in your second picture with the terracotta colour in the chevrons and a sandy brown overall colour but some are very yellow with high contrast chevrons as in your first picture do they brighten up as they mature or are they just brighter individuals?

They come in all colours from terracotta to bright yellow; however, while males usually stay brightly coloured, females often fade with age. The terracotta arietans is the female.
Back to top Go down
Tim Hallam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tim Hallam

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec - 20:19

thanks Klaus.
Back to top Go down
Deon Nell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec - 6:06

Hi KLaus, the Boomslang is from Eastern Cape, South Africa and not KZN, i think your supplier is probally from KZN. Never the less stunning snake and Puffadders are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec - 16:38

Thanks for the info, Deon. Happy holidays.
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec - 16:40

Hello Dean, why you can say/see the Boomslang is not from KZN?
The male on the picture looks like one of my from East London...

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
Deon Nell
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec - 18:59

Hi Micheal to answer your question i never seen that colour phase occur in Natal (KZN), and that specific male shown above is what we catch on reptile calls by the dozens in East London, Stutterheim, Queenstown (Eastern Cape)King Williams Town up to Craddock (Karoo), we probally see anything from 50 - 150 in a season, hope this helps, Season Greetings, Deon.
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec - 19:08

Many thanks for this information!

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus and Bitis arietans   Dispholidus and Bitis arietans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dispholidus and Bitis arietans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: Photography-
Jump to: