VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

More Reptile Smuggling...

Go down 
+7
Lennart Pettersson
Sebastian Arvidsson
Mats Jonsson
Ari Finsk
Israel M. Sánchez
Magnus Karlsson
Jon Davidson
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 1:49

Additional: 10,000 snakes seized: http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&cp=32&gs_id=3s&xhr=t&q=Journal%3A+Modern%3A+Snakes+Smuggling . Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 2:35

As long as the chineese people eat all that moves we will have this problem!
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 6:45

Mats Jonsson wrote:
As long as the chineese people eat all that moves we will have this problem!

The problem is not merely chinese peoples food habits. It is an equally serious problem that some Europeans think it their god given right to keep anything they want in glass or plastic cages. It might have escaped your attention (for obvious reasons) but as long as some people tries to sell endangered species without proper permits and others are aligning to buy we are also, as a community guilty. That is why nobody should buy animals from or defend smugglers and criminals. To stop this, we all need to make a stance, not only the chinese.
Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 7:38

Magnus! stop beeing a prick trying to insinuate the same lame stuff on me again and again, you are making a complete twat out of your self, please write something without trying to nail me, I must be very important to you and I am flattered, but i dont see that your worship of me is of any interest to the rest of the board.
Try to leave your personal agenda towards me out of the discussion and grow up will you!!
Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 7:41

I would bet that the illegal trade for food is way higher then the amount of snakes ending up in the hobby! Its only a very very small percentage that are stopped, because of corruption. In asia that is! My thoughts any way!
a cpl of hundred thousand reptile hobbyists vs 1,3 billjon reptile eaters!?
reg
Mats
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 19:14

Mats Jonsson wrote:
Magnus! stop beeing a prick trying to insinuate the same lame stuff on me again and again, you are making a complete twat out of your self, please write something without trying to nail me, I must be very important to you and I am flattered, but i dont see that your worship of me is of any interest to the rest of the board.
Try to leave your personal agenda towards me out of the discussion and grow up will you!!

Mats Jonsson wrote:
I would bet that the illegal trade for food is way higher then the amount of snakes ending up in the hobby! Its only a very very small percentage that are stopped, because of corruption. In asia that is! My thoughts any way!
a cpl of hundred thousand reptile hobbyists vs 1,3 billjon reptile eaters!?
reg
Mats

Mats you are getting paranoid Very Happy

I was only making a statement about what we as a community is obliged to do to pull our weight. I completely disagree with you on your second remark. Of course it is important that we do everything we can to stop the illegal trade within the hobby. It doesn't matter if the food trade is the most important threat to the wild animals or not.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan - 23:33

Mats Jonsson wrote:

Mats, anyone that has read a particular Facebook log during the last week can see that you are way more obsessed with trying to make my life miserable that I am about making yours difficult. I am not interested in actively doing anything to you and I have never said that I will. I just comment when I think you are wrong, which happends quite frequently. You on the other hand agitate people and invite them to call what you think is my employer to try to discredit me. Moreover, you say that you will make my life miserable. I have never called you a prick, dick or anything like that, but you frequently use remarks like that about me.

In the future, try to think before you speak. It may save you from some embarresment Smile

Back to top Go down
Mats Jonsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Mats Jonsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan - 1:54

Well if you send emails to people and are happy that some one who are bitten and hopes he is in a lot of pain! Yes such a person goes in my world under the category a "dick" even if you dont like the person who is bitten. thats a really immature and bad thing to do.
And yes i wrote the switchboard no to your work so people if ghdy like could get in contact you and ask what hou meant them self. there are about 56 comments in that thread and the majority is far worse than mkne!
Ending this dicussion now cause it has nothing here to do.
Back to top Go down
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan - 2:16

Mats Jonsson wrote:
Well if you send emails to people and are happy that some one who are bitten and hopes he is in a lot of pain! Yes such a person goes in my world under the category a "dick" even if you dont like the person who is bitten. thats a really immature and bad thing to do.
And yes i wrote the switchboard no to your work so people if ghdy like could get in contact you and ask what hou meant them self. there are about 56 comments in that thread and the majority is far worse than mkne!
Ending this dicussion now cause it has nothing here to do.

Hahahaha well first of all nobody seems to be able to present any evidence that I have done what I am being accused of (as usual) and moreover, nobody has asked me if it is true. And you call me obsessive Very Happy

First of all the person that was bitten is asking for a darwin award since he is constantly handing highly venomous snakes with his bare hands. I don't know about you Mats, but if someone is THAT stupid they actually deserve to get bitten. I do not have any sympathy for fools.

To clear things out further, I don't like people who threaten to kill or harm my friends physically. My friend was told by this scumbag that he could expect a visit from one of the most well known criminal Motorcykle gangs in the world. The person making these threats has also been involved in a fight at a reptile show just a few years ago. People that start fights in rooms full with venomous snakes clearly lack common sense and thus threats from them must be taken seriously.

Now, who is the dick head Mats? The one making these threats or me for hoping that he dies?
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan - 9:13

at this point i have had enough of the discussion here... you guys both are from the same country, why dont you meet somewhere and take it out like man?

You all try to keep personal wars out of Venomland! The Board has been founded to discuss matters in a professional way, i will not watch Venomland goes down the drain like some of the other forum during small private arguments.

Topic closed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Reptile Smuggling...   More Reptile Smuggling... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Reptile Smuggling...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2