VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pseudonaja guttata

Go down 
+4
Kevin Kleinberger
Joel Power
Stefan Anthonijsz
Nigel Sowter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeSun 12 Feb - 9:34

Just got some hatchling guttata's (Speckled Browns). 7wks old & small, have them feeding on feeder fish at the moment till big enough to take scented pinky's. The "non speckled's" are interesting, don't know if they remain like this into adulthood or develop later. Cheers.
Pseudonaja guttata February11th201214
Pseudonaja guttata February11th201264
Pseudonaja guttata Feburary8th201223
Pseudonaja guttata February11th201218
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb - 9:55

Oh wow!!!! Nigel, you got some excellent looking snakes there!! Hopefully they will be available in Europe in the future...
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb - 16:17

Thanks Stefan, my first Pseudonaja species. Glad 2 of the 3 went straight onto the feeder fish, they really liked the flapping around motion. The non feeding 1 shed 2 days ago & will give that 1 a go on the fish shortly. Have small heads so i think maybe 2 sheds away before I try them on scented day old pinks.
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joel Power

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-29

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb - 7:52

So what are these Pseudonaja like compared to Pseudonaja textilis?? they certainly are good looking snakes Smile I imagine they are highly toxic venom wise.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Kleinberger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Kevin Kleinberger

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 5:23

Hi Nigel very good feeding pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.venom-dream.de.tl
Magnus Karlsson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb - 23:55

Very cool little buggers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb - 6:53

Joel Power wrote:
So what are these Pseudonaja like compared to Pseudonaja textilis?? they certainly are good looking snakes Smile I imagine they are highly toxic venom wise.

From personal experience all captive guttata I have seen have had a mellow nature & have been reluctant to strike compared to textilis. They are smaller than textilis but have that same "excitable" nature as most browns. 2 of the 3 also take fish from the tongs. As for the venom side of things got no idea, maybe Scott Eipper or someone else on venomland can shed some light. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr - 22:34

I purchased 2 guttata & the seller gave me a extra 1, turns out the freebie won't eat by itself. Would assist feed on fish till 1 day I decided to try beef heart, after some time it finally took the wiggling beef heart & then the other day decided to take a pinky mouse, thought it might of been luck but it took another a hour later. Taking pinks without a worry now whereas the other 2 are taking scented pinks.
Pseudonaja guttata P4250005

Pseudonaja guttata P4250029
Back to top Go down
Piero Moroni
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Piero Moroni

Male
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeTue 1 May - 0:44

Magnificent specimen, very very nice I love you
Back to top Go down
Simon JL Havard
Simon JL Havard

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-10-29

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeMon 21 May - 3:27

Very nice snake ! I love pseudonaja !

Thanks a lot !
Back to top Go down
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitimeTue 22 May - 6:26

It's nice to see the little guys eating:) Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pseudonaja guttata Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pseudonaja guttata   Pseudonaja guttata Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pseudonaja guttata
Page 1 of 1