VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

high-prized Vipera ammodytes

Go down 
+2
Peter van Issem
Peter Zürcher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

high-prized Vipera ammodytes Empty
PostSubject: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 19:57

only in german

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/kaernten/2986265/schlangenfaenger-machen-jagd-hornviper.story

The story released in an Austrian newspaper today, based upon statements made by Austrian venomous expert Helga Happ deals with endangering and conservation of the Carinthian Nose Horned Viper (Vipera a. ammodytes).
The story's mainly focused on the former subspecies Vipera ammodytes illyrica SOCHUREK inhabiting a rockslide area closed to the city of Villach, Southern Carinthia.

Austrian venomous expert Happ tells that numerous illegal (of course!) snakehunters search this area in these days in order to catch the vipers just emerged from hibernation.
Further on, it's been said that illegal viper hunting takes place because of the high prizes realizable on an international black market.
Up to 10.000 (ten thousand) Euro should be payed by foreign collectors for one specimen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 20:04

Yes Peter, I found this articele this morniung too. But first I was thinking, I read an old one. Because the same story was written in the past too.

imo: The price for 10.000 € is absolutly nonsens! No one will pay such prices for an ammodytes.... But, I can belive that there are each year people that go for ammodytes.

The story about the italians with the frogs was new for me!
I know only that frog consumtation in europe is a ,,Frensh´´ thing ;-)
In SE-Asia it is much more distributed.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 20:52

If anyone feels the need to pay €10,000 for an ammodytes I will happily sell you my ones cheap !

Shall be agree that €8,000 per animal is a deal?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 21:11

How about trading, Graeme? I know you're looking for Vipera berus. Vipera berus is somewhat more expensive, let's say 12,000 Euro, so you give me your ammodytes and additional 4000 Euro for one V. berus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 21:18

Peter Zürcher wrote:
How about trading, Graeme? I know you're looking for Vipera berus. Vipera berus is somewhat more expensive, let's say 12,000 Euro, so you give me your ammodytes and additional 4000 Euro for one V. berus.

Bargain!

Best give me your bank details and also your credit card pin number!

Razz Razz

Regards

Graeme

Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 4:28

Peter Zürcher wrote:
only in german
....Further on, it's been said that illegal viper hunting takes place because of the high prizes realizable on an international black market.
Up to 10.000 (ten thousand) Euro should be payed by foreign collectors for one specimen!
- I must be an idiot to offer my snakes on the "legal" market for a MUCH lower price (as all of you will know). I offer a share of 50% to anybody who helps me to find that "international black market" where I can sell them for 10.000€.

Rainer
Back to top Go down
Ralf Hallwaß
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 22:56

I think that Story is very simple, this invention Prize is important to write this in the press.Humans will to hear this, it is a sensation
Back to top Go down
Albert Gracer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Albert Gracer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 23:57

My opinion is that this story made ​​only an additional commercial and the opportunity for people who are thoughtlessly expanding black market but again not good for wildlife. Sometimes it is wise to consider what you say to the public and I hope that these people are not so stupid to believe this story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalgo-exotic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: high-prized Vipera ammodytes   high-prized Vipera ammodytes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

high-prized Vipera ammodytes
Page 1 of 1