VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bothriechis aurifer

Go down 
+3
Sven Vogler
Christian Moisander
Tomas Bublik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Bothriechis aurifer Empty
PostSubject: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 7:50

Bothriechis aurifer Dsc_0616

This is my new treasure....Female is nice and looks healthy in good condition, but the male is much worse Crying or Very sad
If anybody has some experiences with keeping this snakes successfully Iĺl be very grateful...
Now I keep them in low temperatures,max 25 C a day and 20 C night.
Thanks a lot for your advices.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 15:27

Are you kidding me?! You have B. aurifer...
That may well be my no. 1 arboreal viper I've always dreamt about. Gorgeous.
And what a great photo too.

Good luck with them, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your male too. I hope they make it.
Sorry I can't be of any help, though.
Back to top Go down
Sven Vogler

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 18:52

AURIFER!!!!!!
wow....., I've been searching for these in Mexico a few times without succcess.....
give them high humidity with low temperature but a basking spot! When the sun comes out in there habitat it really burns... They come from 1200-1600 m asl.
Good luck!
so yellow..... where do they come from in Guatemala? Do you know that?

Greetings from Hamburg

Sven Vogler
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/djsnakemanhamburg
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 23:37

Hi Sven,they came from Coban mountain,2000m abow see level.
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 8:15

Aurifer... What a dream...

This snake is really "High-End" for me!

Regards, Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Brance Mauldin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Brance Mauldin

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 10:50

A jewel indeed! Aurifer is really one of the crown jewels in the world of arboreal vipers. I wish you only the best with them.
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug - 1:39

What's left to say? Just great! Shocked

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Brance Mauldin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Brance Mauldin

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep - 1:37

Just curious how your pair is doing? Hopefully the male pulled through his hard times and the female continues to fair well.
Back to top Go down
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep - 2:51

Hi Brance,
thanks a lot for your concern over my aurifers:-) Fortunately they are looking little bit better.The female is very nice and feed well on mice but the male I have to force-feed by fish.He had extensive injurys in area of eyes,mouth and neck and was absolutely skinny .Now is much stronger and his body looks like a healthy snake.His head is scabby now and has naked gum-ridge because of scabby dry skin.....I keep positive mind and hope he survival:-)
Best regards
Tomas
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep - 4:17

That's great to hear Tomas! I hope they continue to improve. And I want to see pics of little baby aurifers sometime in the near future! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep - 6:32

Derek I hope and dream of that every night:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bothriechis aurifer   Bothriechis aurifer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bothriechis aurifer
Page 1 of 1