VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Ophiophagus hannah

Go down 
+3
Ren Monuo
Sebastian Arvidsson
Michael Schmutz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Schmutz
Michael Schmutz

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jun - 1:43

Hey guys

Since a few weeks I am a proud owner of a male Ophiophagus hannah, or rather he owns me and allows me to keep him.
After keeping various venom snakes for years, especially Bothrops and their relatives, I have decided to reduce my collection to the max and therefore crown it with the King. Never have done something better than that, as Ophiophagus hannah adds something indescribable to a Herpers life.
Having been lucky to buy an Ophiophagus hannah in perfect condition, he is doing well. With his 160cm he is feeding on dead an alive snakes as well as on dead mice and even on chicken meat.

Below some pictures of him.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1510.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1516.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1519.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1515.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1410.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1513.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/88/81/14/img_1514.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jun - 18:04

amazing king! some day i hope that i have a king in the collection but the space right now isn't the best Wink

best regards!
Back to top Go down
Ren Monuo

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun - 14:28

kingcobra is my favourite snake!!nice pictures,thank you~by the way,what is the size of your box to keep the king?
Back to top Go down
Michael Schmutz
Michael Schmutz

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun - 14:56

Hey Ren

Currently I keep him in an small quaranten cage of 100x50x70cm.
However his final cage is waiting for him and is 400x125x125cm.

Back to top Go down
Ren Monuo

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun - 23:58

Thanks for reply ,Michael.well,I also want to ask you where your king comes from?the coloration of him(or her) is kind of different from the king in my country.
Back to top Go down
Christian Hennemann
Christian Hennemann

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-06-16

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 14:32

Hi Michael

Beautiful King Cobra like that. How big is it?

best regards

Christian
Back to top Go down
Michael Schmutz
Michael Schmutz

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 20:33

Hey Ren

I’ve got the King as an Chinese King Cobra, however I also doubt it meanwhile. His coloration is changing rapidly. He loses the high contrast bands and becomes brighter in the first third of his body.

He looks more like the species in my former topic, dated 10.10.2011, were Randy describes it as an “Thai olive with yellow bands”.

Whatsoever, he is doing great and it was the best idea ever to reduce my collection and focus mainly on him.

I’d be glad if you could post some new pics from Chinese King Cobras with detailed information on their origin, length and age.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Michael Schmutz
Michael Schmutz

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 20:48

Hey Christian

He is growing fast as he is feeding on everything you give him.
I feed him manly on snakes and as it looks like, he does not prefer any species.
From time to time I feed him unscented mice which he accepts without problems.
Chicken meat, is the third thing which he feeds on.
At the moment he is around 160cm - 170cm, often active without being restless and notices all what’s going on in the room, without being alerted all the time.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Christian Hennemann
Christian Hennemann

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 1:28

Hi Michael

Well since it has been but a decent size. How old is she? I wish my O. hannah would eat any snake that I serve you. I must always prepare before each snake and a piece of E. radiata sew on her head so she goes to it. But it is so slow. Mine is the last in 2011 and now about 90 cm tall.

regards

Christian
Back to top Go down
Jorg Schenkels
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jorg Schenkels

Male
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 1:02

realy nice mate is it comming from larsa i love chinese banded kings let me now if you going to sell himm.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Michael Schmutz
Michael Schmutz

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 2:26

Hey Jorg

Sorry, would rather sell you my mom as I would give him away :-)
Couldn'd have more luck with a Ophiophagus then with him.
So he stays with me ;-)

Back to top Go down
Ronald Streeter
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ronald Streeter

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 14:47

Nice technique! Anything to fool them into eating. Smile
Quote :
a piece of E. radiata sew on her head so she goes to it
Back to top Go down
Christian Hennemann
Christian Hennemann

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 20:35

Hallo

@Ronald

Yes, not the mother of invention, and I must say it works without problems until now. And slowly but surely it will come off without radiata on the head. Very Happy

Best regards

Christian
Back to top Go down
Ren Monuo

Male

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun - 0:15

hello,Michael。recently I was busy preparing my final exam.so I have little time to go to the forum.OK,here are some photos found from some our native feeders.the first one is 3 meters+,and he was found in Hainan Provience ,China.the two kings in the next photo may from Yunan Provience (their owner is in Yunnan).the last one is a king from Vietnam.By the way,your king is really beautiful,and in my opinion I don’t think he’s from China.As for feeding,you said your king accept rat without scented,so he eat killed rat or live rat??in my country,they are always given live snakes because native snakes are really cheap.

Ophiophagus hannah 01033112
Ophiophagus hannah Psbca610
Ophiophagus hannah Psu910

Last edited by Ren Monuo on Sat 2 Feb - 23:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twan van Berge
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Twan van Berge

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-20

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun - 0:23

wow Shocked
what a beautiful king cobras do you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ophiophagus hannah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ophiophagus hannah   Ophiophagus hannah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ophiophagus hannah
Page 1 of 1