VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hi from London!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 22:39

Hi all! I'm Ross, 16 and from London. I love all animals, but particularly birds of prey which I volunteer with, and of course reptiles! In the future I'd love to keep front-fanged venomous snakes, and love looking at everyone's collection on here!

I keep:

0.1 Boiga cyanea
0.1 Boiga cynodon
0.1 Philodryas baroni
1.1 Zamenis longissimus
1.0 Elaphe carinata

And also a small collection of arboreal tarantulas Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 0:22

A few quick pics of them:

Hi from London! CKingrat1

Hi from London! Baronsracer2

Hi from London! Aesculapian3

Hi from London! Aesculapian1

Hi from London! Cateyedsnake2

Hi from London! Snake-gif1
Back to top Go down
Albert Gracer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Albert Gracer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 1:11

Hi Ross, welcome to this forum, here are you on the right place to learn a lot about the venomous snakes. At your age you have already quite a nice collection of snakes and I do not even doubt that you will not ever have the real hots.
I have one question - on the third picture I see Natrix natrix, but you mentioned that you've got a pair of Zamenis longissimus. Is it possible that you're wrong about this snake?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalgo-exotic.com

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 1:29

Albert Gracer wrote:
Hi Ross, welcome to this forum, here are you on the right place to learn a lot about the venomous snakes. At your age you have already quite a nice collection of snakes and I do not even doubt that you will not ever have the real hots.
I have one question - on the third picture I see Natrix natrix, but you mentioned that you've got a pair of Zamenis longissimus. Is it possible that you're wrong about this snake?

Thank you! Very Happy

It's definitely a Z.longissimus, they hatch with the"neck band" like a N.natrix, but it fades as they get older. My other Z.longissimus is the one in the 4th picture, the one you mentioned in the 3rd is melanistic so probably why it looks a lot like an N.natrix!

Here's another more full body shot of him:

Hi from London! DSC_0069
Back to top Go down
Albert Gracer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Albert Gracer

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 1:50

This picture clearly shows me, that it is really Z.longissimus. Sorry about that Ross, my mistake. Congrats on him, he looks very nice. Firstly I see them in this color.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stalgo-exotic.com
Piero Moroni
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Piero Moroni

Male
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 2:04

Hi Ross ;

Be welcome on the forum.
Hope to read you.

See you soon ..
Back to top Go down

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun - 2:06

Albert Gracer wrote:
This picture clearly shows me, that it is really Z.longissimus. Sorry about that Ross, my mistake. Congrats on him, he looks very nice. Firstly I see them in this color.

No problem at all, they do look similar from only a head picture! Thank you, I hadn't seen melanistic specimens before but the breeder tells me they're quite common in some places in the wild.

Piero Moroni wrote:
Hi Ross ;

Be welcome on the forum.
Hope to read you.

See you soon ..

Thanks you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from London! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from London!   Hi from London! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from London!