VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Naja naja *polyocellata*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Naja naja *polyocellata* Empty
PostSubject: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeFri 7 Mar - 2:28

well, this cobras are in my eyes among the most majestic Cobra species in the world.
i keep 2,3 of them and they are always a bit nervous but quite gentle while been handled.

my male is about 1.80cm in length and beautyful.

Naja naja *polyocellata* 35

i am sure, you like them to!

cheers
Mario

Last edited by Mario Lutz on Tue 11 Mar - 18:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeFri 7 Mar - 2:35

Nice animal, Mario, very well defined white markings on the body, but I think this guy's really bad.
Greetings
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeFri 7 Mar - 8:23

no - he is a nice Guy...
i am wondering, if all Naja naja are equipped with a nice temper.
the snake on the Picture was used 4 weeks in a row, 4 times a day in our cobra-show. today he is like a cornsnake. i suppose de-sensibilisation is an issue...

Naja naja *polyocellata* Naja_n10

here to see, an baby Sri Lanka cobra..

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar - 0:42

We are breeding this species regulary, at the moment there are babies hatching from first of our this year` clutches. They have quite high number of eggs in clutch, by our experience over 20 pcs. We got 24 eggs in first clutch, and 25 eggs in second clutch this year...

Here are some pictures:

Breeding male of size over 180 cm!!! Amazing specimen...
Naja naja *polyocellata* N_naja

Naja naja *polyocellata* N_naja3

Female on eggs...
Naja naja *polyocellata* Najana10

Clutches...first:
Naja naja *polyocellata* Najana11
Naja naja *polyocellata* Najana12

Second one:
Naja naja *polyocellata* Najana13
Naja naja *polyocellata* Najana14

Fresh hatched baby Very Happy
Naja naja *polyocellata* Naja_n10

According to calm behaivor, by our experience cobras become calm when you keep them in cage without hidding place. After few weeks they are like corn snakes, just laying on groud and don`t care about anything. But once you put such animal in cage with hidding box, it will change immediatelly and start to behaive again like wild animals, which in case of any disturbance looking to hide...
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar - 12:43

Peter Pastor wrote:
According to calm behaivor, by our experience cobras become calm when you keep them in cage without hidding place. After few weeks they are like corn snakes, just laying on groud and don`t care about anything. But once you put such animal in cage with hidding box, it will change immediatelly and start to behaive again like wild animals, which in case of any disturbance looking to hide...

thats definitely right peter, i keep my cobras also without hiding places, and they act like cornsnakes.
de-sensibilisation is another technic to keep them calm and handleable (see picture)...

-please dont try to copy this! free-handling is clearly somethings for trained and experienced persons only! it is very dangerous to do stuff like this! cobras are wild animals and you never know how they react in another second! we do perform for TV and have shows in asia where freehandling is requested...

Naja naja *polyocellata* Reptil10

is your Naja naja a sri lankan species? i am asking, because my *polyocellata* looks different and i was thinking all sri lankan cobras have this black/white markings.. anyway - i love your male, outstanding beautiful.. and his size is impressing... i am hoping one of my females is gravid (she is really big)...

Thanks for sharing peter... can we have some more information about your breeding peter? what temperature, humidity - etc. you keep your Naja naja? did they breed every year or every other year?
you keep them all together around year?

cheers
Mario

Last edited by Mario Lutz on Tue 11 Mar - 19:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Naja naja polyocellata   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar - 17:56

Hello at all
Magnificent animals, Naja naja to me is just the Cobra in every way.
The pictures in this Thread do not show "polyocellata"

Naja naja *polyocellata* Monoce10

"polyocellata" was never widely accepted and should be treated as a synonym to Naja naja. It refers to a pattern variation (occuring in Sri Lankan specimens, i believe) showing additional ocelli beside the normal spectacle markings. Most of our Naja naja kept and bred in our collections came from Sri Lanka, and most of'em are "biocellata".
And here's a "monocellata", a specimen with aberrant hood pattern out of my 2007 breeding. Unfortunately, it died soon after hatching.
Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

Greetings from Austria
Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Wed 26 Mar - 5:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar - 19:30

Peter Zürcher wrote:

"polyocellata" was never widely accepted and should be treated as a synonym to Naja naja.
Greetings from Austria
Peter

yes peter, you are right, it is in fact to be treated as a synonyme, ill set it into capitals, so it is clear!
thanks for the correction

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeTue 11 Mar - 20:07

Okay, Mario, at this time, I think, it would be alright and correct to treat is as a synonyme.
But who knows what kind of taxonomical changes will come up with further research in asian Najas?

By the way, i would love to see a picture from a real polyocellated Naja naja.

Kind regards
Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Wed 26 Mar - 5:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeThu 20 Mar - 6:40

Here is one more picture of hatching babies.... Wink

Naja naja *polyocellata* P1040910
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeFri 21 Mar - 9:37

thanks for sharing this picture peter... they are cute as babies as well... i find the Naja naja from Sri Lanka better looking.. my are so huge! and really nice to handle cobras

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Great Pics   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar - 0:14

I'm loving this forum Mario. Thanks for the invite. My adult female Sri Lankan was last bred in Jan. 2005. She laid 30 eggs. 17 were good and hatched out in June 2005. I kept a pair. I sold the big male that produced the babies with her to Dean Ripa for his Serpentarium along with a huge female I had received in a trade.
My female was not put with a male since Jan 2005, but she laid 30 eggs again on 03/18/06. Only 1 egg looked good, so I incubated it. The baby hatched out but was very tiny, wouldn't eat, or keep food down, and didn't make it.
She laid eggs again last year, but none were good. This year she laid about 25 wax eggs and laid 1 egg on 3/16/08 that looked good, so I started incubating it, and it is still looking good after 12 days.
I don't like double clutching, but since the female laid only tiny wax eggs and one small good egg, I thought maybe I would try it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naja naja *polyocellata*   Naja naja *polyocellata* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naja naja *polyocellata*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Elapidae :: Naja-
Jump to: