VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.

Go down 
+3
Gustav Eloy
Stefan Wennekes
David Richards
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David Richards

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Empty
PostSubject: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug - 5:43

It all began several months a go with this:
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. DSC_1121

Then I was lucky enough to find this/these:
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. DSC_0625

58 days later these appeared:
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. DSC_0727
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. DSC_0717
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. DSC_0721
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja15_8_12E
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja15_8_12D
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja15_8_12A

Thanks to David Nixon for lending me the parents to try my hand at breeding them. So far, so good!

David.

Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug - 6:27

Last edited by Stefan Wennekes on Tue 3 Dec - 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug - 17:29

very nice very nice congratulations, these are fantastic snakes, keep updating, by the way how are the babys doing??
Back to top Go down
David Richards

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug - 20:13

Thanks very much.

Stefan, the female laid 18 eggs of which 13 hatched. The first hatched on day 58, and the last was out by day 61.
Gustav, so far the babies are doing well. Most are preparing for their first shed.

Thanks,
David.
Back to top Go down
David Richards

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug - 1:16

Here are a few more photos, taken after the first slough.

Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja260812C
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja260812B
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja19812B
Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Nnaja19812A

David.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug - 5:53

very sweet looking cobras hehe, congratulations, and keep updating
best of luck
regards
Back to top Go down
Franz Schönen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Franz Schönen

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug - 2:18

Hi ;

This is just gorgeous, congratulations on the birth and all my wishes of success !

Best...
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep - 23:35

Nice results! Can you tell me the (approximate) size of the parents?
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Mohammed Nabi
Mohammed Nabi

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 3:10

Congratulations. The mother is really beautiful.
Back to top Go down
David Richards

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep - 7:13

Thanks very much.
Jelmer, the parents are both the same size. They are quite small for spectacled cobras, I would guess 120-140cm.

Thanks,
David.
Back to top Go down
Allyson Vieira
Allyson Vieira

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep - 7:44

Congratulations! Very very beautiful najas, this is one of my dream!
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep - 2:06

David Richards wrote:
Thanks very much.
Jelmer, the parents are both the same size. They are quite small for spectacled cobras, I would guess 120-140cm.

Thanks,
David.

Thanks for your reply David. I bought a couple two years ago. I really enjoy their behaviour.
Mine are about the same size so I guess I'll put them together next year. Again, thanks a lot for the info.

Kind regards,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.   Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pakistan black cobra (Naja naja) breeding.
Page 1 of 1