VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My c. macrops not eating

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mohammed Nabi
Mohammed Nabi

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-08-05

My c. macrops not eating Empty
PostSubject: My c. macrops not eating   My c. macrops not eating Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug - 1:12

I am having a problem getting my c.macrops to eat. He last ate 2 weeks ago in the pet shop before I bought him. I am not too worried at the moment but would like to know how I can get him to eat. I offered him a live fuzzy rat. He just killed it but did not eat. I also offered him a lizard and a frog but he ate neither. I would appreciate any suggestions or advice that anyone would have. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mohammed
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My c. macrops not eating   My c. macrops not eating Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug - 4:34

avoid to offer prey every few day, if your snake doesnt loose weight don't worry, may be you can try dead prey warmed on heatmat, you can touch the tail of your snake to make him bite and retain the prey(don't abuse it can became very stressful), but don't worry for now!
if in few weeks they still refuse to eat, it's because there is a problem, and a lot of problem can lead to refusal of food
-bad température
-internal parasites
-infections
-poor general health condition
but for now just let them acclimate to their new home, give them good conditions and dont disturbe them to much(overlook)
best regards
Yann
Back to top Go down
Mohammed Nabi
Mohammed Nabi

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-08-05

PostSubject: Re: My c. macrops not eating   My c. macrops not eating Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug - 17:08

Thank you for the advice Bartholin.My snake just shed last night which may be why he didn't eat.

Should I offer him small mice/rats or are lizards and frogs their preferred food items? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My c. macrops not eating   My c. macrops not eating Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug - 17:48

the risk with feeding them frog and lizard it's that your snake will only accept this kind of prey in the future. the shedding can effectivly be a reason for refusal.
ps:my advices here are the reflect of my own experience, maybe some people will say different things, there no ultimate truth in snake keeping but sometimes problems are solved the same way, it's wise to wait for more answers from differents breeders.
regards
Yann
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My c. macrops not eating   My c. macrops not eating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My c. macrops not eating
Page 1 of 1