VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Greetings from Greece!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Konstantinos Giannopoulos

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-04-18

Greetings from Greece! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep - 0:08

Hello! Smile

I am from Greece and have been fascinated with snakes since my early childhood when I found and caught with bare hands a probably newly hatched baby snake of copper/black color but which slipped through my fingers before I found a suitable container. I didn't keep any snakes as a child as my parents hate them and wouldn't allow but I had friends into the hobby and into Python breeding and got plenty of handling experience from them and their beautiful big snakes. Since entering the pharmaceutical university,I had the freedom of searching and learning more about them and their care and I finally got my first snake on October 2010 just after a pets show in Greece. It was a Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli as I really like the colors of this milksnake and i still have it and like it a lot of course! A few months latter and as things were going well with my milksnake,I got my first Sanzinia madagascariensis which is actually the snake I liked the most while browsing for my first snake but I didnt get due to its price and size/adequate housing concerns from my part. Well to make the story short,I still have and love these first snakes of mine and I am waiting suitable mates to pair them up in about a week.
I got my first pitviper last Friday,a nice Ovophis tonkinensis pair from a local venomous snake keeper who also showed me the proper handling techniques for them and openly shared his experience with this pair. They are great snakes and really calm,not easily taking even the defensive/aggressive posture and rather just curious and lightly causious. It's great to have them and I find them a great first hot and great snakes in general! I hope to get babies from them this year!

As far as venomous snakes go,I plan to keep these for a while first and later get a Bothriechis species as well or another great looking arboreal with a non-necrotic venom.

It's great to be part of this community! Looking forward to learning from your expertise!!!

Cheers!
-Konstantinos
Back to top Go down
Franz Schönen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Franz Schönen

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 4:32

Hi Konstantinos ;

Be welcome on the forum.

Regards...
Back to top Go down

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 4:42

Thank you very much Franz! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 5:23

Hi Konstantinos,

A lot of people on this site herp over in Greece, so your about to become very popular:)
Back to top Go down

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 15:44

Hi Kelly!

It would be a pleasure to meet some of you on your herping trips to Greece! We have some very nice reptiles and some personal favorites include our large geckos,Malpogon and a few of our large lizards. Vipers are nice too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronald Streeter
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ronald Streeter

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 15:46

Welcome to the forum Konstantinos! There are many herpers here with extensive experience to learn from. Pharmacology complements venomous reptiles very well.

Regards, Ron
Back to top Go down

Male

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep - 16:25

Thank you very much for the warm welcome Ron! I hope to learn a lot more here from experienced keepers like you! Indeed,knowledge of Pharmacology helps a lot with venomous,especially here where doctors dont have any experience with exotic venomous bites and we have to guide them through.

Best regards,
-Konstantinos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Greece!   Greetings from Greece! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Greece!
Page 1 of 1